Irby acquires Arkansas’ oldest electrical distributor
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 12,2011
JACKSON — Irby, a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, has signed an agreement to acquire the assets of Treadway Electric of Little Rock, Ark., effective Jan. 1, 2012.
Terms were not disclosed.
Established in 1905, Treadway is Arkansas’ oldest electrical distributor and employs over 100 employees in 14 locations throughout the state of Arkansas. It will continue to operate as Treadway, a division of Irby.
Treadway’s executive team will continue to play a major role with new responsibilities within Irby. Terry Rogers will transition into the role of district operations manager, and Lewis Casey will become district sales manager.
Michael C. Wigton, President of Irby, says, “This acquisition demonstrates our growth strategy and will strengthen our commercial contractor footprint in the Arkansas area and help us continue building customer relationships.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment