Irby acquires Arkansas’ oldest electrical distributor
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 12,2011
JACKSON — Irby, a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, has signed an agreement to acquire the assets of Treadway Electric of Little Rock, Ark., effective Jan. 1, 2012.
Terms were not disclosed.
Established in 1905, Treadway is Arkansas’ oldest electrical distributor and employs over 100 employees in 14 locations throughout the state of Arkansas. It will continue to operate as Treadway, a division of Irby.
Treadway’s executive team will continue to play a major role with new responsibilities within Irby. Terry Rogers will transition into the role of district operations manager, and Lewis Casey will become district sales manager.
Michael C. Wigton, President of Irby, says, “This acquisition demonstrates our growth strategy and will strengthen our commercial contractor footprint in the Arkansas area and help us continue building customer relationships.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators