Irby acquires Arkansas’ oldest electrical distributor
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 12,2011
JACKSON — Irby, a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, has signed an agreement to acquire the assets of Treadway Electric of Little Rock, Ark., effective Jan. 1, 2012.
Terms were not disclosed.
Established in 1905, Treadway is Arkansas’ oldest electrical distributor and employs over 100 employees in 14 locations throughout the state of Arkansas. It will continue to operate as Treadway, a division of Irby.
Treadway’s executive team will continue to play a major role with new responsibilities within Irby. Terry Rogers will transition into the role of district operations manager, and Lewis Casey will become district sales manager.
Michael C. Wigton, President of Irby, says, “This acquisition demonstrates our growth strategy and will strengthen our commercial contractor footprint in the Arkansas area and help us continue building customer relationships.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity