Irby acquires Arkansas’ oldest electrical distributor
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 12,2011
JACKSON — Irby, a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, has signed an agreement to acquire the assets of Treadway Electric of Little Rock, Ark., effective Jan. 1, 2012.
Terms were not disclosed.
Established in 1905, Treadway is Arkansas’ oldest electrical distributor and employs over 100 employees in 14 locations throughout the state of Arkansas. It will continue to operate as Treadway, a division of Irby.
Treadway’s executive team will continue to play a major role with new responsibilities within Irby. Terry Rogers will transition into the role of district operations manager, and Lewis Casey will become district sales manager.
Michael C. Wigton, President of Irby, says, “This acquisition demonstrates our growth strategy and will strengthen our commercial contractor footprint in the Arkansas area and help us continue building customer relationships.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability