Irby acquires Arkansas’ oldest electrical distributor
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 12,2011
JACKSON — Irby, a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, has signed an agreement to acquire the assets of Treadway Electric of Little Rock, Ark., effective Jan. 1, 2012.
Terms were not disclosed.
Established in 1905, Treadway is Arkansas’ oldest electrical distributor and employs over 100 employees in 14 locations throughout the state of Arkansas. It will continue to operate as Treadway, a division of Irby.
Treadway’s executive team will continue to play a major role with new responsibilities within Irby. Terry Rogers will transition into the role of district operations manager, and Lewis Casey will become district sales manager.
Michael C. Wigton, President of Irby, says, “This acquisition demonstrates our growth strategy and will strengthen our commercial contractor footprint in the Arkansas area and help us continue building customer relationships.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound