Mars Food recalls Uncle Ben’s product
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 12,2011
Mars Food U.S. has issued a voluntary recall of two date codes of Uncle Ben’s Whole Grain White Rice Garden Vegetable due to an undeclared milk allergen.
People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
This product was distributed through retail stores in Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont and Wisconsin.
The recall only affects Uncle Ben’s Whole Grain White Rice Garden Vegetable 4.7-ounce (133-gram) boxes with the following: UPC code of 54800 40778 ; Best before: 08/12; and code dates 133BA4RP06 and 133BB4RP06.
According to Mars, an ingredient supplier improperly included an undeclared milk ingredient in the seasoning mix used for this product.
Consumers with milk allergies are advised not to eat the product. All consumers should return the product to the store where it was purchased for a full refund.
Mars says it has not received any reports of illness or other consumer complaints related to this matter.
Consumers with additional questions should call the Uncle Ben’s Consumer Care line at: 1-800-548-6253, or visit www.unclebens.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Mars Food recalls Uncle Ben’s product”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau