Mars Food recalls Uncle Ben’s product
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 12,2011
Mars Food U.S. has issued a voluntary recall of two date codes of Uncle Ben’s Whole Grain White Rice Garden Vegetable due to an undeclared milk allergen.
People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
This product was distributed through retail stores in Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont and Wisconsin.
The recall only affects Uncle Ben’s Whole Grain White Rice Garden Vegetable 4.7-ounce (133-gram) boxes with the following: UPC code of 54800 40778 ; Best before: 08/12; and code dates 133BA4RP06 and 133BB4RP06.
According to Mars, an ingredient supplier improperly included an undeclared milk ingredient in the seasoning mix used for this product.
Consumers with milk allergies are advised not to eat the product. All consumers should return the product to the store where it was purchased for a full refund.
Mars says it has not received any reports of illness or other consumer complaints related to this matter.
Consumers with additional questions should call the Uncle Ben’s Consumer Care line at: 1-800-548-6253, or visit www.unclebens.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Mars Food recalls Uncle Ben’s product”
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones