Hunter honored by American Welding Society
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 13,2011
DURANT — The Durant plant of Hunter Engineering Company has received the American Welding Society’s “Image of Welding” Award at the FABTECH exposition at Chicago.
The award is presented annually in seven categories: Individual, AWS local chapter, Large Business (200+ employees), Educational Facility, Distributor (Welding Products), Educator, Small Business (less than 200 employees), and media.
Hunter received the award in the Large Business category.
The award recognizes individuals and organizations that have shown exemplary dedication to promoting the image of welding in their communities. The nominations are judged by WEMCO, an association of welding manufacturers composed of executives of welding industry suppliers.
The award was presented to Wayne Bowling, plant manager, George Smith, welding supervisor, Mike Howard, production manager, and Michael McCoy, quality manager.
Hunter supports welding education, specifically sponsoring scholarships for welding students at Holmes Community College and serving on various advisory boards at the college. In addition, Smith serves as chairman of the AWS local section.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip