Hunter honored by American Welding Society
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 13,2011
DURANT — The Durant plant of Hunter Engineering Company has received the American Welding Society’s “Image of Welding” Award at the FABTECH exposition at Chicago.
The award is presented annually in seven categories: Individual, AWS local chapter, Large Business (200+ employees), Educational Facility, Distributor (Welding Products), Educator, Small Business (less than 200 employees), and media.
Hunter received the award in the Large Business category.
The award recognizes individuals and organizations that have shown exemplary dedication to promoting the image of welding in their communities. The nominations are judged by WEMCO, an association of welding manufacturers composed of executives of welding industry suppliers.
The award was presented to Wayne Bowling, plant manager, George Smith, welding supervisor, Mike Howard, production manager, and Michael McCoy, quality manager.
Hunter supports welding education, specifically sponsoring scholarships for welding students at Holmes Community College and serving on various advisory boards at the college. In addition, Smith serves as chairman of the AWS local section.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge