Hunter honored by American Welding Society
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 13,2011
DURANT — The Durant plant of Hunter Engineering Company has received the American Welding Society’s “Image of Welding” Award at the FABTECH exposition at Chicago.
The award is presented annually in seven categories: Individual, AWS local chapter, Large Business (200+ employees), Educational Facility, Distributor (Welding Products), Educator, Small Business (less than 200 employees), and media.
Hunter received the award in the Large Business category.
The award recognizes individuals and organizations that have shown exemplary dedication to promoting the image of welding in their communities. The nominations are judged by WEMCO, an association of welding manufacturers composed of executives of welding industry suppliers.
The award was presented to Wayne Bowling, plant manager, George Smith, welding supervisor, Mike Howard, production manager, and Michael McCoy, quality manager.
Hunter supports welding education, specifically sponsoring scholarships for welding students at Holmes Community College and serving on various advisory boards at the college. In addition, Smith serves as chairman of the AWS local section.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued