Hunter honored by American Welding Society
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 13,2011
DURANT — The Durant plant of Hunter Engineering Company has received the American Welding Society’s “Image of Welding” Award at the FABTECH exposition at Chicago.
The award is presented annually in seven categories: Individual, AWS local chapter, Large Business (200+ employees), Educational Facility, Distributor (Welding Products), Educator, Small Business (less than 200 employees), and media.
Hunter received the award in the Large Business category.
The award recognizes individuals and organizations that have shown exemplary dedication to promoting the image of welding in their communities. The nominations are judged by WEMCO, an association of welding manufacturers composed of executives of welding industry suppliers.
The award was presented to Wayne Bowling, plant manager, George Smith, welding supervisor, Mike Howard, production manager, and Michael McCoy, quality manager.
Hunter supports welding education, specifically sponsoring scholarships for welding students at Holmes Community College and serving on various advisory boards at the college. In addition, Smith serves as chairman of the AWS local section.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal