Hunter honored by American Welding Society
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 13,2011
DURANT — The Durant plant of Hunter Engineering Company has received the American Welding Society’s “Image of Welding” Award at the FABTECH exposition at Chicago.
The award is presented annually in seven categories: Individual, AWS local chapter, Large Business (200+ employees), Educational Facility, Distributor (Welding Products), Educator, Small Business (less than 200 employees), and media.
Hunter received the award in the Large Business category.
The award recognizes individuals and organizations that have shown exemplary dedication to promoting the image of welding in their communities. The nominations are judged by WEMCO, an association of welding manufacturers composed of executives of welding industry suppliers.
The award was presented to Wayne Bowling, plant manager, George Smith, welding supervisor, Mike Howard, production manager, and Michael McCoy, quality manager.
Hunter supports welding education, specifically sponsoring scholarships for welding students at Holmes Community College and serving on various advisory boards at the college. In addition, Smith serves as chairman of the AWS local section.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center