Undeclared allergen prompts See’s Candies recall
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 13,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — See’s Candies Inc. is recalling one code of eight-ounce Almond Clusters, because they may contain peanuts. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to peanuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
The total number of boxes produced that may contain peanuts is 3,600. The product was distributed to See’s shops and licensee locations in California, Colorado, Hawaii, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, Nevada, New York, Nebraska, Oregon, Virginia, Washington, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Mississippi and Louisiana.
The product is sold individually in boxes labeled See’s Candies Almond Clusters, 8 oz. The only code affected by this recall is SF 088/12, and is visible on the back of the box.
There is no reported allergen reaction or illness attributed to this product.
Concerned consumers should return the product or the receipt to any See’s shop or the location where it was purchased for a full refund or exchange. Any consumers with questions about this recall should also contact See’s at 1 800-789-7337.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts