Undeclared allergen prompts See’s Candies recall
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 13,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — See’s Candies Inc. is recalling one code of eight-ounce Almond Clusters, because they may contain peanuts. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to peanuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
The total number of boxes produced that may contain peanuts is 3,600. The product was distributed to See’s shops and licensee locations in California, Colorado, Hawaii, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, Nevada, New York, Nebraska, Oregon, Virginia, Washington, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Mississippi and Louisiana.
The product is sold individually in boxes labeled See’s Candies Almond Clusters, 8 oz. The only code affected by this recall is SF 088/12, and is visible on the back of the box.
There is no reported allergen reaction or illness attributed to this product.
Concerned consumers should return the product or the receipt to any See’s shop or the location where it was purchased for a full refund or exchange. Any consumers with questions about this recall should also contact See’s at 1 800-789-7337.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'