Aberdeen school superintendent fired
Aberdeen School Board members have voted to fire their top educator.
Superintendent Chester Leigh says the board dismissed him in executive session Monday night, but would not elaborate on the matter.
The TV stations also reports the board fired Phonecia Witherspoon, the district’s chief financial officer.
Leigh has been superintendent of schools in Aberdeen since 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Aberdeen school superintendent fired”
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- The link between education and economic development
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Navy supercomputing power to grow