Aberdeen school superintendent fired
Aberdeen School Board members have voted to fire their top educator.
Superintendent Chester Leigh says the board dismissed him in executive session Monday night, but would not elaborate on the matter.
The TV stations also reports the board fired Phonecia Witherspoon, the district’s chief financial officer.
Leigh has been superintendent of schools in Aberdeen since 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Aberdeen school superintendent fired”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program