Aberdeen school superintendent fired
Aberdeen School Board members have voted to fire their top educator.
Superintendent Chester Leigh says the board dismissed him in executive session Monday night, but would not elaborate on the matter.
The TV stations also reports the board fired Phonecia Witherspoon, the district’s chief financial officer.
Leigh has been superintendent of schools in Aberdeen since 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Aberdeen school superintendent fired”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge