Aberdeen school superintendent fired
Aberdeen School Board members have voted to fire their top educator.
Superintendent Chester Leigh says the board dismissed him in executive session Monday night, but would not elaborate on the matter.
The TV stations also reports the board fired Phonecia Witherspoon, the district’s chief financial officer.
Leigh has been superintendent of schools in Aberdeen since 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Aberdeen school superintendent fired”
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so