Aberdeen school superintendent fired
Aberdeen School Board members have voted to fire their top educator.
Superintendent Chester Leigh says the board dismissed him in executive session Monday night, but would not elaborate on the matter.
The TV stations also reports the board fired Phonecia Witherspoon, the district’s chief financial officer.
Leigh has been superintendent of schools in Aberdeen since 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Aberdeen school superintendent fired”
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- "College Hunks Hauling Junk" franchise opens in Capital City