FSLI accepts Bequette
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 18,2011
Dr. Barry L. Bequette, dean and director of land-grant programs for the School of Agriculture, Research, Extension and Applied Sciences (AREAS) at Alcorn State University, was recently accepted into the fall 2011 Food Systems Leadership Institute (FSLI), an executive leadership development two-year program for academia, industry, and government.
During the FSLI program, Bequette, along with other scholars will work with expert instructors, leadership development coaches, and a mentor to help increase their leadership abilities. They will meet with leaders of universities, political leaders, industry leaders and others who have advanced to the highest levels of leadership. At the training, leadership theory will be combined with practical experience, often in the context of food systems and higher education.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics