FSLI accepts Bequette
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 18,2011
Dr. Barry L. Bequette, dean and director of land-grant programs for the School of Agriculture, Research, Extension and Applied Sciences (AREAS) at Alcorn State University, was recently accepted into the fall 2011 Food Systems Leadership Institute (FSLI), an executive leadership development two-year program for academia, industry, and government.
During the FSLI program, Bequette, along with other scholars will work with expert instructors, leadership development coaches, and a mentor to help increase their leadership abilities. They will meet with leaders of universities, political leaders, industry leaders and others who have advanced to the highest levels of leadership. At the training, leadership theory will be combined with practical experience, often in the context of food systems and higher education.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete