FSLI accepts Bequette
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 18,2011
Dr. Barry L. Bequette, dean and director of land-grant programs for the School of Agriculture, Research, Extension and Applied Sciences (AREAS) at Alcorn State University, was recently accepted into the fall 2011 Food Systems Leadership Institute (FSLI), an executive leadership development two-year program for academia, industry, and government.
During the FSLI program, Bequette, along with other scholars will work with expert instructors, leadership development coaches, and a mentor to help increase their leadership abilities. They will meet with leaders of universities, political leaders, industry leaders and others who have advanced to the highest levels of leadership. At the training, leadership theory will be combined with practical experience, often in the context of food systems and higher education.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K