FSLI accepts Bequette
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 18,2011
Dr. Barry L. Bequette, dean and director of land-grant programs for the School of Agriculture, Research, Extension and Applied Sciences (AREAS) at Alcorn State University, was recently accepted into the fall 2011 Food Systems Leadership Institute (FSLI), an executive leadership development two-year program for academia, industry, and government.
During the FSLI program, Bequette, along with other scholars will work with expert instructors, leadership development coaches, and a mentor to help increase their leadership abilities. They will meet with leaders of universities, political leaders, industry leaders and others who have advanced to the highest levels of leadership. At the training, leadership theory will be combined with practical experience, often in the context of food systems and higher education.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth