Reed named principal
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 18,2011
Clovis Reed has joined Stone-Adams Financial Partners, a business development and consulting firm, as a principal. Reed will be primarily responsible for developing financial solutions for governments and businesses working with challenging growth issues.
Reed will transition in January from his duties as administrator for Rankin County, a position he has held for six years. Prior to Rankin County, Reed served as county administrator in DeSoto, Claiborne and Simpson counties. He also served as assistant director for the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality from 2004 through 2007. His familiarity with local government and officials helped DEQ to bridge the gap as the agency transitioned from regulators to experts ready to assist in the restoration of critical services in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Reed played a key role in the passage legislation allowing the five southern most counties to receive over $600 million in CDBG funds for water and sewer infrastructure.
Reed holds a master’s degree in public administration from the University of Mississippi and a bachelor’s degree in political science from Mississippi College. In 1998, Clovis was named by the Mississippi Business Journal as one of the “Top 40 Business Leaders Under 40.”
He is a graduate of the John C. Stennis Institute for Government, Executive Leader Development. He also served as a member of the State Wireless Communication Commission and was chair of the Cellular Service Committee that negotiated a statewide contract that benefited state agencies and local governments. Most recently, Reed, a fifth-generation native of Port Gibson, was selected by Gov.-elect Phil Bryant to serve on his Transition Regulatory Policy Committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger