USM faculty in the news
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 18,2011
Tags: BancorpSouth, disability studies, economic development, food systems, HATTIESBURG, housing initiatives, IHL HEADWAE, mentoring, National Institutes of Health, nutrition, Southern Miss, U.S. Department of Health, University of Southern Mississippi, University of Southern Mississippi Institute for Disability Studies, USM, USM Department of Nutrition and Food Systems
Evelyn Edwards, vice president of community reinvestment for BancorpSouth, has been named the 2011 Housing Initiative Partner of the Year by the University of Southern Mississippi Institute for Disability Studies (IDS).
The award is presented annually to an individual or agency participating on the IDS Housing Advisory Council who has worked in the housing, disability or economic development arenas in the state to empower people with disabilities to live independently in their communities. Edwards has been an active member of the IDS Housing Advisory Council since its formation in 2004.
In a separate item, Dr. Kathy Yadrick, professor and chair of the Department of Nutrition and Food Systems at the University of Southern Mississippi, has assumed additional duties as part-time associate dean for research in the College of Health.
An accomplished principal investigator and research project director, Yadrick will focus on mentoring junior faculty in the research process and on developing multidisciplinary proposals with significant external funding potential.
In addition to serving as principal investigator for multi-million dollar projects funded by the National Institutes of Health and the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Yadrick is a university Distinguished Professor, a IHL HEADWAE award winner and recipient of numerous university citations for teaching, research and service.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on