USM faculty in the news
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 18,2011
Tags: BancorpSouth, disability studies, economic development, food systems, HATTIESBURG, housing initiatives, IHL HEADWAE, mentoring, National Institutes of Health, nutrition, Southern Miss, U.S. Department of Health, University of Southern Mississippi, University of Southern Mississippi Institute for Disability Studies, USM, USM Department of Nutrition and Food Systems
Evelyn Edwards, vice president of community reinvestment for BancorpSouth, has been named the 2011 Housing Initiative Partner of the Year by the University of Southern Mississippi Institute for Disability Studies (IDS).
The award is presented annually to an individual or agency participating on the IDS Housing Advisory Council who has worked in the housing, disability or economic development arenas in the state to empower people with disabilities to live independently in their communities. Edwards has been an active member of the IDS Housing Advisory Council since its formation in 2004.
In a separate item, Dr. Kathy Yadrick, professor and chair of the Department of Nutrition and Food Systems at the University of Southern Mississippi, has assumed additional duties as part-time associate dean for research in the College of Health.
An accomplished principal investigator and research project director, Yadrick will focus on mentoring junior faculty in the research process and on developing multidisciplinary proposals with significant external funding potential.
In addition to serving as principal investigator for multi-million dollar projects funded by the National Institutes of Health and the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Yadrick is a university Distinguished Professor, a IHL HEADWAE award winner and recipient of numerous university citations for teaching, research and service.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal