SoS orders funeral home to cease and desist
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 19,2011
VICKSBURG — Williams Funeral Home in Vicksburg has been notified to cease and desist from selling funeral pre-need goods and services to the public and to pay $13,000 in fines to the State of Mississippi in a final order issued by Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann.
In 2008, Williams was ordered to cease and desist from selling pre-need merchandise and services to the public. Since that time, the Secretary of State’s Office has found Williams Funeral Home sold at least 11 pre-need contracts.
In his final order, Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann concluded Williams Funeral Home not only sold 11 pre-need contracts outside of a prior cease and desist order, the funeral home also failed to establish a pre-need trust fund with the funds obtained through those sales.
For these violations, Hosemann has ordered Williams to pay a fine of $8,000. A fine of $5,000 remains unpaid from the September 2008 order.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast