SoS orders funeral home to cease and desist
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 19,2011
VICKSBURG — Williams Funeral Home in Vicksburg has been notified to cease and desist from selling funeral pre-need goods and services to the public and to pay $13,000 in fines to the State of Mississippi in a final order issued by Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann.
In 2008, Williams was ordered to cease and desist from selling pre-need merchandise and services to the public. Since that time, the Secretary of State’s Office has found Williams Funeral Home sold at least 11 pre-need contracts.
In his final order, Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann concluded Williams Funeral Home not only sold 11 pre-need contracts outside of a prior cease and desist order, the funeral home also failed to establish a pre-need trust fund with the funds obtained through those sales.
For these violations, Hosemann has ordered Williams to pay a fine of $8,000. A fine of $5,000 remains unpaid from the September 2008 order.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring