Mystery calls could mean Palazzo will face challenger
Published: December 20,2011
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — Phone calls relaying negative information about Republican Steven Palazzo could indicate a challenger is gearing up to run against the freshman congressman from south Mississippi.
No one has announced a run against Palazzo. Congressional candidates qualify Jan. 2 to Jan. 13.
The Mississippi Press reports Palazzo was recently the subject of a push poll, with leading questions meant to lower a listener’s opinion of him.
He has come under scrutiny since unseating longtime Democrat Gene Taylor in November 2010.
Palazzo faced questions about whether he had adequately restructured his accounting firm to meet legal requirements, about using congressional staff to conduct personal business and about taking a trip to Israel paid for by a lobbying group.
In all cases, Palazzo says he has acted ethically and legally.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO