Mystery calls could mean Palazzo will face challenger
by Associated Press
Published: December 20,2011
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — Phone calls relaying negative information about Republican Steven Palazzo could indicate a challenger is gearing up to run against the freshman congressman from south Mississippi.
No one has announced a run against Palazzo. Congressional candidates qualify Jan. 2 to Jan. 13.
The Mississippi Press reports Palazzo was recently the subject of a push poll, with leading questions meant to lower a listener’s opinion of him.
He has come under scrutiny since unseating longtime Democrat Gene Taylor in November 2010.
Palazzo faced questions about whether he had adequately restructured his accounting firm to meet legal requirements, about using congressional staff to conduct personal business and about taking a trip to Israel paid for by a lobbying group.
In all cases, Palazzo says he has acted ethically and legally.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Board continues to negotiate with propsective hospital buyers
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team