Mystery calls could mean Palazzo will face challenger
Published: December 20,2011
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — Phone calls relaying negative information about Republican Steven Palazzo could indicate a challenger is gearing up to run against the freshman congressman from south Mississippi.
No one has announced a run against Palazzo. Congressional candidates qualify Jan. 2 to Jan. 13.
The Mississippi Press reports Palazzo was recently the subject of a push poll, with leading questions meant to lower a listener’s opinion of him.
He has come under scrutiny since unseating longtime Democrat Gene Taylor in November 2010.
Palazzo faced questions about whether he had adequately restructured his accounting firm to meet legal requirements, about using congressional staff to conduct personal business and about taking a trip to Israel paid for by a lobbying group.
In all cases, Palazzo says he has acted ethically and legally.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast