Mystery calls could mean Palazzo will face challenger
by Associated Press
Published: December 20,2011
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — Phone calls relaying negative information about Republican Steven Palazzo could indicate a challenger is gearing up to run against the freshman congressman from south Mississippi.
No one has announced a run against Palazzo. Congressional candidates qualify Jan. 2 to Jan. 13.
The Mississippi Press reports Palazzo was recently the subject of a push poll, with leading questions meant to lower a listener’s opinion of him.
He has come under scrutiny since unseating longtime Democrat Gene Taylor in November 2010.
Palazzo faced questions about whether he had adequately restructured his accounting firm to meet legal requirements, about using congressional staff to conduct personal business and about taking a trip to Israel paid for by a lobbying group.
In all cases, Palazzo says he has acted ethically and legally.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- News The Way You Want It!
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues