Mystery calls could mean Palazzo will face challenger
by Associated Press
Published: December 20,2011
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — Phone calls relaying negative information about Republican Steven Palazzo could indicate a challenger is gearing up to run against the freshman congressman from south Mississippi.
No one has announced a run against Palazzo. Congressional candidates qualify Jan. 2 to Jan. 13.
The Mississippi Press reports Palazzo was recently the subject of a push poll, with leading questions meant to lower a listener’s opinion of him.
He has come under scrutiny since unseating longtime Democrat Gene Taylor in November 2010.
Palazzo faced questions about whether he had adequately restructured his accounting firm to meet legal requirements, about using congressional staff to conduct personal business and about taking a trip to Israel paid for by a lobbying group.
In all cases, Palazzo says he has acted ethically and legally.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi