Airport to pay more for runway expansion
Published: December 21,2011
TUPELO — The Tupelo Airport Authority has agreed to a $267,000 increase requested by the company building a runway extension.
Century Construction asked for the increase after losing access to its resource for “fill dirt.”
Century bid around $5.2 million to extend the runway by 650 feet.
Century president Colin Maloney says the company lost access to a nearby dirt pit and now must drive a little further away to get the dirt.
Tupelo Airport director Josh Abramson says the increase was capped at $267,000, expenses could be lower.
Officials say work should begin about mid-January and the project should take about seven months to complete.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter