Airport to pay more for runway expansion
Published: December 21,2011
TUPELO — The Tupelo Airport Authority has agreed to a $267,000 increase requested by the company building a runway extension.
Century Construction asked for the increase after losing access to its resource for “fill dirt.”
Century bid around $5.2 million to extend the runway by 650 feet.
Century president Colin Maloney says the company lost access to a nearby dirt pit and now must drive a little further away to get the dirt.
Tupelo Airport director Josh Abramson says the increase was capped at $267,000, expenses could be lower.
Officials say work should begin about mid-January and the project should take about seven months to complete.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal