Airport to pay more for runway expansion
Published: December 21,2011
TUPELO — The Tupelo Airport Authority has agreed to a $267,000 increase requested by the company building a runway extension.
Century Construction asked for the increase after losing access to its resource for “fill dirt.”
Century bid around $5.2 million to extend the runway by 650 feet.
Century president Colin Maloney says the company lost access to a nearby dirt pit and now must drive a little further away to get the dirt.
Tupelo Airport director Josh Abramson says the increase was capped at $267,000, expenses could be lower.
Officials say work should begin about mid-January and the project should take about seven months to complete.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Deal for daily Jackson-Orlando flight in works with Allegiant
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts