Airport to pay more for runway expansion
Published: December 21,2011
TUPELO — The Tupelo Airport Authority has agreed to a $267,000 increase requested by the company building a runway extension.
Century Construction asked for the increase after losing access to its resource for “fill dirt.”
Century bid around $5.2 million to extend the runway by 650 feet.
Century president Colin Maloney says the company lost access to a nearby dirt pit and now must drive a little further away to get the dirt.
Tupelo Airport director Josh Abramson says the increase was capped at $267,000, expenses could be lower.
Officials say work should begin about mid-January and the project should take about seven months to complete.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility