Aldermen hold closed session on mayor’s spending
SOUTHAVEN — Southaven aldermen met in closed session last night to discuss $44,000 in receipts from meals and other items Mayor Greg Davis charged to the city.
The Commercial Appeal reports the officials didn’t reveal what they discussed.
Davis repaid about $96,000 of the more than $170,000 the state auditor demanded he return to the city for personal expenses he billed to taxpayers.
Davis said last week that he’s gay after the receipts reviewed by auditors and aldermen, and obtained by The Commercial Appeal, showed he charged the city for thousands of dollars of food and liquor and for an unspecified $67 purchase at a gay sex shop in Canada.
Davis says he’ll miss the Jan. 3 city board meeting because he’ll be on vacation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- MARK BLACKWELL: Cyber security insurance perhaps?