Aldermen hold closed session on mayor’s spending
SOUTHAVEN — Southaven aldermen met in closed session last night to discuss $44,000 in receipts from meals and other items Mayor Greg Davis charged to the city.
The Commercial Appeal reports the officials didn’t reveal what they discussed.
Davis repaid about $96,000 of the more than $170,000 the state auditor demanded he return to the city for personal expenses he billed to taxpayers.
Davis said last week that he’s gay after the receipts reviewed by auditors and aldermen, and obtained by The Commercial Appeal, showed he charged the city for thousands of dollars of food and liquor and for an unspecified $67 purchase at a gay sex shop in Canada.
Davis says he’ll miss the Jan. 3 city board meeting because he’ll be on vacation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs