Casino revenue decline continues in November
Published: December 21,2011
Tags: Beau Rivage Hotel Resort & Casino, BILOXI, casino, Grteenville, Gulf Coast, GULFPORT, Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Hollywood Casino Tunica, Mississippi, Natchez, Tunica Convention & Visitors Bureau, Tunica National Golf & Tennis
The 19 river casinos won $84.7 million, down 10 percent from $93.9 million in November 2010, according to Mississippi Department of Revenue figures. Winnings at the 11 Mississippi coast casinos totaled $81.1 million, down 5 percent from $85.6 million the previous November.
River casino winnings are down 12 percent through the first 11 months of the year. That partly reflects the heavy impact of flooding in May and June in that region. Gulf casino winnings are now down 1 percent for the year, with a poor second half of 2011 wiping out gains from earlier.
Statewide, gross revenue is down 7 percent for the year, to $2.05 billion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions