Casino revenue decline continues in November
by Associated Press
Published: December 21,2011
Tags: Beau Rivage Hotel Resort & Casino, BILOXI, casino, Grteenville, Gulf Coast, GULFPORT, Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Hollywood Casino Tunica, Mississippi, Natchez, Tunica Convention & Visitors Bureau, Tunica National Golf & Tennis
The 19 river casinos won $84.7 million, down 10 percent from $93.9 million in November 2010, according to Mississippi Department of Revenue figures. Winnings at the 11 Mississippi coast casinos totaled $81.1 million, down 5 percent from $85.6 million the previous November.
River casino winnings are down 12 percent through the first 11 months of the year. That partly reflects the heavy impact of flooding in May and June in that region. Gulf casino winnings are now down 1 percent for the year, with a poor second half of 2011 wiping out gains from earlier.
Statewide, gross revenue is down 7 percent for the year, to $2.05 billion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy