Casino revenue decline continues in November
Published: December 21,2011
Tags: Beau Rivage Hotel Resort & Casino, BILOXI, casino, Grteenville, Gulf Coast, GULFPORT, Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Hollywood Casino Tunica, Mississippi, Natchez, Tunica Convention & Visitors Bureau, Tunica National Golf & Tennis
The 19 river casinos won $84.7 million, down 10 percent from $93.9 million in November 2010, according to Mississippi Department of Revenue figures. Winnings at the 11 Mississippi coast casinos totaled $81.1 million, down 5 percent from $85.6 million the previous November.
River casino winnings are down 12 percent through the first 11 months of the year. That partly reflects the heavy impact of flooding in May and June in that region. Gulf casino winnings are now down 1 percent for the year, with a poor second half of 2011 wiping out gains from earlier.
Statewide, gross revenue is down 7 percent for the year, to $2.05 billion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow