Jobless rate dips in November
by Associated Press
Published: December 21,2011
That’s down from 10.6 percent in October, but above the 10.2 percent rate in November 2010. Mississippi remains tied for the third-highest jobless rate among the states.
Bureau of Labor Statistics figures show the number of unemployed people fell from 144,100 in October to 142,000 in November, when seasonally adjusted. The size of the labor force also fell by about 2,000 people, accounting for the dip in unemployed people.
Unemployment rates fell in 79 of 82 counties, and were level in the other three. But those numbers aren’t adjusted to smooth out normal seasonal fluctuations.
The national unemployment rate fell to 8.6 percent in November from 9 percent in October.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years