TVA chief operating officer McCollum to retire
Published: December 21,2011
McCollum announced his plans in a Wednesday telephone call with reporters.
As chief operating officer, McCollum oversees management of power production, transmission, power trading and resource management programs.
McCollum said he plans for the next six months to mainly work on capital project planning.
He said he will have reached five years with TVA in June and that is “an appropriate time” to retire.
A report in November showed McCollum’s compensation totaled almost $2.6 million in fiscal 2011.
TVA is the nation’s largest public utility, with about 9 million consumers in Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager