TVA chief operating officer McCollum to retire
Published: December 21,2011
McCollum announced his plans in a Wednesday telephone call with reporters.
As chief operating officer, McCollum oversees management of power production, transmission, power trading and resource management programs.
McCollum said he plans for the next six months to mainly work on capital project planning.
He said he will have reached five years with TVA in June and that is “an appropriate time” to retire.
A report in November showed McCollum’s compensation totaled almost $2.6 million in fiscal 2011.
TVA is the nation’s largest public utility, with about 9 million consumers in Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money