TVA chief operating officer McCollum to retire
Published: December 21,2011
McCollum announced his plans in a Wednesday telephone call with reporters.
As chief operating officer, McCollum oversees management of power production, transmission, power trading and resource management programs.
McCollum said he plans for the next six months to mainly work on capital project planning.
He said he will have reached five years with TVA in June and that is “an appropriate time” to retire.
A report in November showed McCollum’s compensation totaled almost $2.6 million in fiscal 2011.
TVA is the nation’s largest public utility, with about 9 million consumers in Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium