Baker Donelson recognized for hiring practices
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 22,2011
JACKSON — The law firm of Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC, has received a score of 85 in the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) 2012 Corporate Equality Index (CEI). This marks a 15-point increase from the firm’s 2011 CEI score.
The HRC’s CEI report, released each fall, provides an in-depth analysis and rating of large U.S. employers and their policies and practices pertinent to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) employees. The scores are based primarily on the HRC CEI survey, which helps gauge trends and best practices among all businesses or in particular industries.
In 2011, the firm revised its Equal Employment Opportunity policy to include sexual orientation, gender identity and marital status, and revised its bereavement policy to extend to domestic partners and their families.
Baker Donelson also held firm-wide training on issues relating to the LGBT community in 2011. The objectives of the training, which was attended by attorneys and staff, were to foster an understanding of the importance of LGBT diversity and inclusion in order to maintain a productive and inclusive workforce and to further the firm’s efforts to attract and retain the best and brightest people, who embrace the firm’s shared beliefs of integrity, diversity, accomplishment and mutual respect.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary