ChromaDex enrolls participants for study of pTeroPure
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 22,2011
OXFORD — ChromaDex Corporation, an Irvine, Calif.-based natural products company that provides proprietary, science-based solutions and ingredients to the dietary supplement, food and beverage, cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries, has completed enrollment in the first human clinical study of its proprietary pTeroPure.
The purpose of the randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled study is to evaluate whether pTeroPure will lower cholesterol and blood pressure as well as improve markers for oxidative stress in patients with dyslipidemia-meeting inclusion criteria. Investigators are also evaluating the safety of pTeroPure in these patients.
pTeroPure is ChromaDex’s proprietary brand of its patent-pending pterostilbene, a central ingredient in its recently launched BluScience line of dietary supplements.
Pterostilbene is one of several stilbenes found in blueberries and other berries that have demonstrated pre-clinical benefits in a number of health factors including improved levels of cholesterol, blood pressure and oxidative stress.
ChromaDex holds exclusive worldwide rights to patents pending for pterostilbene for these and other health benefits based on technology licensed from the University of Mississippi as well as through additional intellectual property developed by the company or in conjunction with leading research institutions.
pTeroPure was recently named the 2010 North American Most Promising Ingredient of the Year by the independent research company Frost & Sullivan. Capitalizing on the diverse potential applications of the product, ChromaDex is also developing pTeroPure for the skincare and pharmaceutical markets, among others.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years