ChromaDex enrolls participants for study of pTeroPure
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 22,2011
OXFORD — ChromaDex Corporation, an Irvine, Calif.-based natural products company that provides proprietary, science-based solutions and ingredients to the dietary supplement, food and beverage, cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries, has completed enrollment in the first human clinical study of its proprietary pTeroPure.
The purpose of the randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled study is to evaluate whether pTeroPure will lower cholesterol and blood pressure as well as improve markers for oxidative stress in patients with dyslipidemia-meeting inclusion criteria. Investigators are also evaluating the safety of pTeroPure in these patients.
pTeroPure is ChromaDex’s proprietary brand of its patent-pending pterostilbene, a central ingredient in its recently launched BluScience line of dietary supplements.
Pterostilbene is one of several stilbenes found in blueberries and other berries that have demonstrated pre-clinical benefits in a number of health factors including improved levels of cholesterol, blood pressure and oxidative stress.
ChromaDex holds exclusive worldwide rights to patents pending for pterostilbene for these and other health benefits based on technology licensed from the University of Mississippi as well as through additional intellectual property developed by the company or in conjunction with leading research institutions.
pTeroPure was recently named the 2010 North American Most Promising Ingredient of the Year by the independent research company Frost & Sullivan. Capitalizing on the diverse potential applications of the product, ChromaDex is also developing pTeroPure for the skincare and pharmaceutical markets, among others.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful