Entergy completes purchase of Rhode Island facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 22,2011
NEW ORLEANS — Entergy Corporation’s Entergy Wholesale Commodities business segment has completed the previously announced purchase of the Rhode Island State Energy Center (RISEC), an approximately 583-megawatt power plant located in Johnston, R.I., from subsidiaries of NextEra Energy Inc. for approximately $346 million, subject to customary closing adjustments.
The facility is a Siemens natural gas-fired combined-cycle generating plant that entered commercial service in 2002.
RISEC recently completed work with Siemens to up-rate its combustion turbines, increasing the facility’s nominal capacity to 583 MW from 550 MW.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Rep. Howell decides not to seek re-election to House
- LTE: With tax cuts, Gov. Bryant dismissive of least of us