Entergy completes purchase of Rhode Island facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 22,2011
NEW ORLEANS — Entergy Corporation’s Entergy Wholesale Commodities business segment has completed the previously announced purchase of the Rhode Island State Energy Center (RISEC), an approximately 583-megawatt power plant located in Johnston, R.I., from subsidiaries of NextEra Energy Inc. for approximately $346 million, subject to customary closing adjustments.
The facility is a Siemens natural gas-fired combined-cycle generating plant that entered commercial service in 2002.
RISEC recently completed work with Siemens to up-rate its combustion turbines, increasing the facility’s nominal capacity to 583 MW from 550 MW.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter