Entergy completes purchase of Rhode Island facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 22,2011
NEW ORLEANS — Entergy Corporation’s Entergy Wholesale Commodities business segment has completed the previously announced purchase of the Rhode Island State Energy Center (RISEC), an approximately 583-megawatt power plant located in Johnston, R.I., from subsidiaries of NextEra Energy Inc. for approximately $346 million, subject to customary closing adjustments.
The facility is a Siemens natural gas-fired combined-cycle generating plant that entered commercial service in 2002.
RISEC recently completed work with Siemens to up-rate its combustion turbines, increasing the facility’s nominal capacity to 583 MW from 550 MW.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'