Entergy completes purchase of Rhode Island facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 22,2011
NEW ORLEANS — Entergy Corporation’s Entergy Wholesale Commodities business segment has completed the previously announced purchase of the Rhode Island State Energy Center (RISEC), an approximately 583-megawatt power plant located in Johnston, R.I., from subsidiaries of NextEra Energy Inc. for approximately $346 million, subject to customary closing adjustments.
The facility is a Siemens natural gas-fired combined-cycle generating plant that entered commercial service in 2002.
RISEC recently completed work with Siemens to up-rate its combustion turbines, increasing the facility’s nominal capacity to 583 MW from 550 MW.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location