Entergy completes purchase of Rhode Island facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 22,2011
NEW ORLEANS — Entergy Corporation’s Entergy Wholesale Commodities business segment has completed the previously announced purchase of the Rhode Island State Energy Center (RISEC), an approximately 583-megawatt power plant located in Johnston, R.I., from subsidiaries of NextEra Energy Inc. for approximately $346 million, subject to customary closing adjustments.
The facility is a Siemens natural gas-fired combined-cycle generating plant that entered commercial service in 2002.
RISEC recently completed work with Siemens to up-rate its combustion turbines, increasing the facility’s nominal capacity to 583 MW from 550 MW.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief