Kirby purchases barge fleet from Seaboats
GREENVILLE — Kirby Corporation has purchased the coastwise tank barge fleet of Seaboats Inc. and affiliated companies consisting of three 80,000-barrel coastwise tank barge and tug units for $42.3 million in cash. The three coastwise tank barge and tug units currently operate along the East Coast and have an average age of five years. Financing of the purchase was through Kirby’s $250 million revolving credit facility.
Joe Pyne, Kirby’s chairman and CEO, said, “The three tank barges are sister barges, built to the same design as our four 80,000-barrel tank barges and will expand our fleet capacity, service capabilities to our customers and provide additional flexibility.”
Kirby Corporation, based in Houston, Texas, is the nation’s largest domestic tank barge operator, transporting bulk liquid products throughout the Mississippi River System, the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway, coastwise along all three United States coasts and in Alaska and Hawaii.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet