Kirby purchases barge fleet from Seaboats
GREENVILLE — Kirby Corporation has purchased the coastwise tank barge fleet of Seaboats Inc. and affiliated companies consisting of three 80,000-barrel coastwise tank barge and tug units for $42.3 million in cash. The three coastwise tank barge and tug units currently operate along the East Coast and have an average age of five years. Financing of the purchase was through Kirby’s $250 million revolving credit facility.
Joe Pyne, Kirby’s chairman and CEO, said, “The three tank barges are sister barges, built to the same design as our four 80,000-barrel tank barges and will expand our fleet capacity, service capabilities to our customers and provide additional flexibility.”
Kirby Corporation, based in Houston, Texas, is the nation’s largest domestic tank barge operator, transporting bulk liquid products throughout the Mississippi River System, the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway, coastwise along all three United States coasts and in Alaska and Hawaii.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years