Meena makes ranking
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 25,2011
Fierce Wireless wrote: “Meena was general manager and vice president of operations and development of Cellular South before becoming president of Cellular South in 1997. During his tenure as chief executive, Cellular South has grown to become the nation’s largest privately held wireless communications provider and the eighth largest carrier in the United States. The company now counts 875,000 customers across Mississippi and parts of four other states in the southeast region.
“But what’s most interesting is Meena’s efforts to shepherd the carrier into the new world of 4G and smartphones. Meena in September unveiled a Cellular South re-branding that changes the carrier into C Spire Wireless. Along with the re-branding, C Spire introduced a range of new services including personalized recommendations, rewards, converged offerings and enhanced customer support.
“Perhaps more importantly, Meena also managed to score the Apple iPhone 4S.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.