Meena makes ranking
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 25,2011
Fierce Wireless wrote: “Meena was general manager and vice president of operations and development of Cellular South before becoming president of Cellular South in 1997. During his tenure as chief executive, Cellular South has grown to become the nation’s largest privately held wireless communications provider and the eighth largest carrier in the United States. The company now counts 875,000 customers across Mississippi and parts of four other states in the southeast region.
“But what’s most interesting is Meena’s efforts to shepherd the carrier into the new world of 4G and smartphones. Meena in September unveiled a Cellular South re-branding that changes the carrier into C Spire Wireless. Along with the re-branding, C Spire introduced a range of new services including personalized recommendations, rewards, converged offerings and enhanced customer support.
“Perhaps more importantly, Meena also managed to score the Apple iPhone 4S.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces