Meena makes ranking
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 25,2011
Fierce Wireless wrote: “Meena was general manager and vice president of operations and development of Cellular South before becoming president of Cellular South in 1997. During his tenure as chief executive, Cellular South has grown to become the nation’s largest privately held wireless communications provider and the eighth largest carrier in the United States. The company now counts 875,000 customers across Mississippi and parts of four other states in the southeast region.
“But what’s most interesting is Meena’s efforts to shepherd the carrier into the new world of 4G and smartphones. Meena in September unveiled a Cellular South re-branding that changes the carrier into C Spire Wireless. Along with the re-branding, C Spire introduced a range of new services including personalized recommendations, rewards, converged offerings and enhanced customer support.
“Perhaps more importantly, Meena also managed to score the Apple iPhone 4S.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant