Resort officials say security breach reports inaccurate
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 27,2011
PHILADELPHIA — Officials with Pearl River Resort has issued a statement on reports regarding a potential breach in security of the processing system for credit and debit cards at the Pearl River Resort. Officials say reports have not been wholly accurate.
Guests’ personal financial information is secure and protected, and no ATMs were affected during the time period under scrutiny.
“We have teams on our property checking into the protection of these systems and we have taken absolutely every precautionary measure to ensure the safety of our customers’ confidential and private information,” said Pearl River Resort interim president Jason York.
Pearl River Resort closed down the external flow of information in early December as soon as the first report surfaced. Additional safeguards were immediately put in place.
“We feel absolutely confident there are no unauthorized external sources retrieving guests’ information at this time.” said York. “Our guests and associates should feel assured that their information is safe and feel confident in visiting and playing with us here at Pearl River Resort. The matter was referred to local law enforcement and federal officials for investigation and possible prosecution. Again we are confident the Resort is no longer a victim of these malicious activities.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project