Resort officials say security breach reports inaccurate
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 27,2011
PHILADELPHIA — Officials with Pearl River Resort has issued a statement on reports regarding a potential breach in security of the processing system for credit and debit cards at the Pearl River Resort. Officials say reports have not been wholly accurate.
Guests’ personal financial information is secure and protected, and no ATMs were affected during the time period under scrutiny.
“We have teams on our property checking into the protection of these systems and we have taken absolutely every precautionary measure to ensure the safety of our customers’ confidential and private information,” said Pearl River Resort interim president Jason York.
Pearl River Resort closed down the external flow of information in early December as soon as the first report surfaced. Additional safeguards were immediately put in place.
“We feel absolutely confident there are no unauthorized external sources retrieving guests’ information at this time.” said York. “Our guests and associates should feel assured that their information is safe and feel confident in visiting and playing with us here at Pearl River Resort. The matter was referred to local law enforcement and federal officials for investigation and possible prosecution. Again we are confident the Resort is no longer a victim of these malicious activities.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk