Traffic remains flat at Meridian Regional Airport
by Associated Press
Published: December 28,2011
MERIDIAN — Passenger numbers have been flat for the past six months at Meridian Regional Airport.
Airport Authority president Tom Williams tells WTOK-TV compared to the rest of the state the numbers are good.
Williams says such steady numbers mean Meridian might not be faced with a change in air service.
He says Tupelo, Greenville and Laurel/Hattiesburg are trying to find service after Delta Air Lines announced plans to leave those areas.
Williams says airport passenger boarding numbers are down statewide, but the year started very strong for Meridian and held steady.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Nullification and interposition