Traffic remains flat at Meridian Regional Airport
Published: December 28,2011
MERIDIAN — Passenger numbers have been flat for the past six months at Meridian Regional Airport.
Airport Authority president Tom Williams tells WTOK-TV compared to the rest of the state the numbers are good.
Williams says such steady numbers mean Meridian might not be faced with a change in air service.
He says Tupelo, Greenville and Laurel/Hattiesburg are trying to find service after Delta Air Lines announced plans to leave those areas.
Williams says airport passenger boarding numbers are down statewide, but the year started very strong for Meridian and held steady.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma