Traffic remains flat at Meridian Regional Airport
Published: December 28,2011
MERIDIAN — Passenger numbers have been flat for the past six months at Meridian Regional Airport.
Airport Authority president Tom Williams tells WTOK-TV compared to the rest of the state the numbers are good.
Williams says such steady numbers mean Meridian might not be faced with a change in air service.
He says Tupelo, Greenville and Laurel/Hattiesburg are trying to find service after Delta Air Lines announced plans to leave those areas.
Williams says airport passenger boarding numbers are down statewide, but the year started very strong for Meridian and held steady.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)