Traffic remains flat at Meridian Regional Airport
Published: December 28,2011
MERIDIAN — Passenger numbers have been flat for the past six months at Meridian Regional Airport.
Airport Authority president Tom Williams tells WTOK-TV compared to the rest of the state the numbers are good.
Williams says such steady numbers mean Meridian might not be faced with a change in air service.
He says Tupelo, Greenville and Laurel/Hattiesburg are trying to find service after Delta Air Lines announced plans to leave those areas.
Williams says airport passenger boarding numbers are down statewide, but the year started very strong for Meridian and held steady.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant