Traffic remains flat at Meridian Regional Airport
by Associated Press
Published: December 28,2011
MERIDIAN — Passenger numbers have been flat for the past six months at Meridian Regional Airport.
Airport Authority president Tom Williams tells WTOK-TV compared to the rest of the state the numbers are good.
Williams says such steady numbers mean Meridian might not be faced with a change in air service.
He says Tupelo, Greenville and Laurel/Hattiesburg are trying to find service after Delta Air Lines announced plans to leave those areas.
Williams says airport passenger boarding numbers are down statewide, but the year started very strong for Meridian and held steady.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- The link between education and economic development
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month
- Navy supercomputing power to grow