ACEC/MS honors Brown
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 1,2012
Southern Transportation Commissioner Wayne Brown is the 2011 recipient of the American Council of Engineering Companies-Mississippi (ACEC/MS) Teddy Roosevelt Award. The award is given for distinguished service to the engineering profession in going the extra mile to improve conditions and the profession as a whole.
Brown, who holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Mississippi State University. He was elected to his first term as Southern District transportation commissioner in 1999. He founded Batson and Brown Engineers, a consulting engineering business in Lucedale and TAB Map Company.
Brown has served as president of the Mississippi State Board of Registration for Engineers and Land Surveyors, Mississippi Association of Professional Land Surveyors, Mississippi Engineers Society and ACEC/MS. He is a member of the board of directors of Century Bank, a Rotarian, Red Cross volunteer, Paul Harris Fellow and ACEC Fellow. Brown served as church clerk and is an assistant Sunday School teacher. He is married to the former Vermell Goff and they have four children and seven grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus