ACEC/MS honors Brown
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 1,2012
Southern Transportation Commissioner Wayne Brown is the 2011 recipient of the American Council of Engineering Companies-Mississippi (ACEC/MS) Teddy Roosevelt Award. The award is given for distinguished service to the engineering profession in going the extra mile to improve conditions and the profession as a whole.
Brown, who holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Mississippi State University. He was elected to his first term as Southern District transportation commissioner in 1999. He founded Batson and Brown Engineers, a consulting engineering business in Lucedale and TAB Map Company.
Brown has served as president of the Mississippi State Board of Registration for Engineers and Land Surveyors, Mississippi Association of Professional Land Surveyors, Mississippi Engineers Society and ACEC/MS. He is a member of the board of directors of Century Bank, a Rotarian, Red Cross volunteer, Paul Harris Fellow and ACEC Fellow. Brown served as church clerk and is an assistant Sunday School teacher. He is married to the former Vermell Goff and they have four children and seven grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location