ACEC/MS honors Brown
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 1,2012
Southern Transportation Commissioner Wayne Brown is the 2011 recipient of the American Council of Engineering Companies-Mississippi (ACEC/MS) Teddy Roosevelt Award. The award is given for distinguished service to the engineering profession in going the extra mile to improve conditions and the profession as a whole.
Brown, who holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Mississippi State University. He was elected to his first term as Southern District transportation commissioner in 1999. He founded Batson and Brown Engineers, a consulting engineering business in Lucedale and TAB Map Company.
Brown has served as president of the Mississippi State Board of Registration for Engineers and Land Surveyors, Mississippi Association of Professional Land Surveyors, Mississippi Engineers Society and ACEC/MS. He is a member of the board of directors of Century Bank, a Rotarian, Red Cross volunteer, Paul Harris Fellow and ACEC Fellow. Brown served as church clerk and is an assistant Sunday School teacher. He is married to the former Vermell Goff and they have four children and seven grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.