ACEC/MS honors Brown
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 1,2012
Southern Transportation Commissioner Wayne Brown is the 2011 recipient of the American Council of Engineering Companies-Mississippi (ACEC/MS) Teddy Roosevelt Award. The award is given for distinguished service to the engineering profession in going the extra mile to improve conditions and the profession as a whole.
Brown, who holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Mississippi State University. He was elected to his first term as Southern District transportation commissioner in 1999. He founded Batson and Brown Engineers, a consulting engineering business in Lucedale and TAB Map Company.
Brown has served as president of the Mississippi State Board of Registration for Engineers and Land Surveyors, Mississippi Association of Professional Land Surveyors, Mississippi Engineers Society and ACEC/MS. He is a member of the board of directors of Century Bank, a Rotarian, Red Cross volunteer, Paul Harris Fellow and ACEC Fellow. Brown served as church clerk and is an assistant Sunday School teacher. He is married to the former Vermell Goff and they have four children and seven grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping
- Jackson air fares among most expensive in the nation