Irby to assist growers
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 1,2012
Mississippi State University’s Extension Service has selected Trent Irby as the new soybean specialist to assist the state’s soybean growers. He began work in January.
Irby, a Mississippi native, received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees at MSU in 2005 and 2009, respectively, and is finishing his doctorate. He served as a student representative to the Mississippi Weed Society and the Southern Weed Science Society.
His family’s farm, Irby Farms, LLC, is located near Brandon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics