Irby to assist growers
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 1,2012
Mississippi State University’s Extension Service has selected Trent Irby as the new soybean specialist to assist the state’s soybean growers. He began work in January.
Irby, a Mississippi native, received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees at MSU in 2005 and 2009, respectively, and is finishing his doctorate. He served as a student representative to the Mississippi Weed Society and the Southern Weed Science Society.
His family’s farm, Irby Farms, LLC, is located near Brandon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state