Irby to assist growers
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 1,2012
Mississippi State University’s Extension Service has selected Trent Irby as the new soybean specialist to assist the state’s soybean growers. He began work in January.
Irby, a Mississippi native, received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees at MSU in 2005 and 2009, respectively, and is finishing his doctorate. He served as a student representative to the Mississippi Weed Society and the Southern Weed Science Society.
His family’s farm, Irby Farms, LLC, is located near Brandon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that