MCEE seats new board
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 1,2012
The Mississippi Council on Economic Education has welcomed eight new board members in 2011. They are: Dr. Daphne Buckley, deputy state superintendent of education, Mississippi Department of Education, Jackson; Charlita Cloman, vice president, community affairs manager, Regions Bank, Jackson; Dr. Brent Hales, interim chair of the Department of Economic and Workforce Development and associate professor of economic development and workforce development, University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg; Dr. Edward Jordan, director of P-20 initiatives, Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning, Jackson; Derek Polk, director of engineering for Nissan North America Inc., Canton; Gail Psilos, regional economic intelligence network director, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, New Orleans Branch; Dr. David Rock, dean, School of Education, University of Mississippi, Oxford; Dr. Pamela Smith, past-president, Mississippi Council on Economic Education, Jackson; and, Cory Wilson, attorney, Heidelberg Steinberger, Colmer & Burrow, PA, Ridgeland.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- The link between education and economic development