Milner granted certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 1,2012
Derick Milner, graduate engineer with Neel-Schaffer’s Environmental Science Group, has been granted status as a certified professional in erosion and sediment control by EnviroCert International, a certification body for professionals in the erosion, sediment control and storm water quality industries.
Prior to recently joining Neel-Schaffer, Milner was an environmental engineer for the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality for over four years. During his time at MDEQ, he conducted State Compliance Evaluation Inspections of over 550 construction sites ranging in size from five acres to over 2,000 acres. His inspections included, but were not limited to, large industrial sites, transmission lines, natural gas lines and commercial and residential projects. He served as an expert witness for the Mississippi Commission on Environmental Quality.
As MDEQ’s reservoir initiative manager, Milner was responsible for managing regional-office investigators and inspectors throughout the agency, and educating contractors with construction projects in the reservoir drainage basin. The Initiative is a program designed to improve the environmental quality of the Ross Barnett Reservoir.
One of Milner’s current major projects is designing a Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan for the rebuilding and revitalizing of the Port of Gulfport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- New Orleans congestion keeps Chiquita Gulfport port
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- More money needed to get Biloxi baseball stadium open on time
- Cox won't seek a second term as Greenville mayor
- Mississippi auto parts workers in union drive plan protest
- Gunn to seek phaseout of personal income tax