Milner granted certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 1,2012
Derick Milner, graduate engineer with Neel-Schaffer’s Environmental Science Group, has been granted status as a certified professional in erosion and sediment control by EnviroCert International, a certification body for professionals in the erosion, sediment control and storm water quality industries.
Prior to recently joining Neel-Schaffer, Milner was an environmental engineer for the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality for over four years. During his time at MDEQ, he conducted State Compliance Evaluation Inspections of over 550 construction sites ranging in size from five acres to over 2,000 acres. His inspections included, but were not limited to, large industrial sites, transmission lines, natural gas lines and commercial and residential projects. He served as an expert witness for the Mississippi Commission on Environmental Quality.
As MDEQ’s reservoir initiative manager, Milner was responsible for managing regional-office investigators and inspectors throughout the agency, and educating contractors with construction projects in the reservoir drainage basin. The Initiative is a program designed to improve the environmental quality of the Ross Barnett Reservoir.
One of Milner’s current major projects is designing a Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan for the rebuilding and revitalizing of the Port of Gulfport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters