Milner granted certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 1,2012
Derick Milner, graduate engineer with Neel-Schaffer’s Environmental Science Group, has been granted status as a certified professional in erosion and sediment control by EnviroCert International, a certification body for professionals in the erosion, sediment control and storm water quality industries.
Prior to recently joining Neel-Schaffer, Milner was an environmental engineer for the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality for over four years. During his time at MDEQ, he conducted State Compliance Evaluation Inspections of over 550 construction sites ranging in size from five acres to over 2,000 acres. His inspections included, but were not limited to, large industrial sites, transmission lines, natural gas lines and commercial and residential projects. He served as an expert witness for the Mississippi Commission on Environmental Quality.
As MDEQ’s reservoir initiative manager, Milner was responsible for managing regional-office investigators and inspectors throughout the agency, and educating contractors with construction projects in the reservoir drainage basin. The Initiative is a program designed to improve the environmental quality of the Ross Barnett Reservoir.
One of Milner’s current major projects is designing a Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan for the rebuilding and revitalizing of the Port of Gulfport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects