Wells retiring from UM
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 1,2012
After more than a decade as dean of the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy, Barbara Wells, 66, is retiring to spend more time with her family and pursue some long-delayed interests. Wells became UM’s pharmacy dean in summer 2001.
Under her leadership, the school’s facilities have been greatly improved and expanded, its curriculum has been revised, its research enterprise has nearly doubled and its programs have become more nationally and internationally prominent.
As president of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, Wells helped create the Academic Leadership Fellows Program, which recently graduated its seventh class.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M