Wells retiring from UM
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 1,2012
After more than a decade as dean of the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy, Barbara Wells, 66, is retiring to spend more time with her family and pursue some long-delayed interests. Wells became UM’s pharmacy dean in summer 2001.
Under her leadership, the school’s facilities have been greatly improved and expanded, its curriculum has been revised, its research enterprise has nearly doubled and its programs have become more nationally and internationally prominent.
As president of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, Wells helped create the Academic Leadership Fellows Program, which recently graduated its seventh class.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point