Barbour appoints Doleac as chancellor, replacing Fair
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 3,2012
HATTIESBURG — Gov. Haley Barbour has appointed attorney M. Ronald Doleac of Hattiesburg as chancellor of the 10th Chancery Court District, Place 4. Doleac replaces Chancellor Gene Fair, whom Gov. Barbour recently appointed to the Mississippi Court of Appeals.
The Governor’s Judicial Appointments Advisory Committee found Doleac to be qualified to fill the vacant position. His appointment is effective Jan. 4, and he will serve until the winner of a Nov. 6, 2012, special election takes office.
Doleac has had his own law practice since 1984. Previously, he was a partner at Finch, Wicht & Doleac. He has served on numerous community and professional boards, is a Mississippi Bar Foundation Fellow, a member of the Mississippi Bar Association, member and past president of the South Central Mississippi Bar Association and currently serves on the Catholic Diocese of Biloxi School Advisory Council.
He also has served as a city prosecutor in Hattiesburg and a city judge pro tempore. He currently is a Forrest County Chancery Court special master.
Doleac earned a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Southern Mississippi and a law degree from the University of Mississippi.
Doleac and his wife, Ellen Finch, have three children, Chad and Mark Doleac and Catherine Cross, and three grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot