Barbour appoints Doleac as chancellor, replacing Fair
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 3,2012
HATTIESBURG — Gov. Haley Barbour has appointed attorney M. Ronald Doleac of Hattiesburg as chancellor of the 10th Chancery Court District, Place 4. Doleac replaces Chancellor Gene Fair, whom Gov. Barbour recently appointed to the Mississippi Court of Appeals.
The Governor’s Judicial Appointments Advisory Committee found Doleac to be qualified to fill the vacant position. His appointment is effective Jan. 4, and he will serve until the winner of a Nov. 6, 2012, special election takes office.
Doleac has had his own law practice since 1984. Previously, he was a partner at Finch, Wicht & Doleac. He has served on numerous community and professional boards, is a Mississippi Bar Foundation Fellow, a member of the Mississippi Bar Association, member and past president of the South Central Mississippi Bar Association and currently serves on the Catholic Diocese of Biloxi School Advisory Council.
He also has served as a city prosecutor in Hattiesburg and a city judge pro tempore. He currently is a Forrest County Chancery Court special master.
Doleac earned a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Southern Mississippi and a law degree from the University of Mississippi.
Doleac and his wife, Ellen Finch, have three children, Chad and Mark Doleac and Catherine Cross, and three grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain