City to ask for funds for new casino infrastructure
by Associated Press
Published: January 4,2012
Tags: casinos, construction, Conventions, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotels, infrastructure, lodging, meetings, municipal government, restaurants, roads, sewer, state government, streets, tourism, tourists, visitors, water
D’IBERVILLE — The city of D’Iberville will apply for a grant of up to $8.5 million to fund infrastructure improvements for CanCan Casino.
The Sun Herald reports originally the cost of the new streets, water and sewer infrastructure for the proposed casino was estimated at $6 million. City Manager Michael Janus said at yesterday’s council meeting the actual cost was determined to be $2.5 million higher.
D’Iberville is asking the Mississippi Development Authority for the money to construct a new road to the casino. The MDA’s Economic Development Highway Program requires the investment to be greater than $70 million. Janus said the CanCan project is close to $300 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county