Ross King Walker now Hancock Insurance
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 5,2012
HATTIESBURG — Hancock Bank has renamed Hattiesburg-based Ross King Walker as Hancock Insurance Agency.
Hancock Bank acquired 103-year-old Ross King Walker (RKW) in 2004, and RKW retained its name as a division of Hancock Insurance Agency, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hancock Bank founded in 1902. RKW executives said the decision to rename RKW as Hancock Insurance Agency reflects the agency’s association with Hancock Bank and the comprehensive financial services available through Hancock Holding Company, the parent company of Hancock Bank and Whitney Bank.
“Updating the name clearly defines the agency’s affiliation with a financial services family nationally recognized for strength, stability and integrity,” said Hancock Insurance Agency division manager Charles Leggett.
Leggett emphasized that the name change does not affect policies or coverage for customers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training