Ross King Walker now Hancock Insurance
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 5,2012
HATTIESBURG — Hancock Bank has renamed Hattiesburg-based Ross King Walker as Hancock Insurance Agency.
Hancock Bank acquired 103-year-old Ross King Walker (RKW) in 2004, and RKW retained its name as a division of Hancock Insurance Agency, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hancock Bank founded in 1902. RKW executives said the decision to rename RKW as Hancock Insurance Agency reflects the agency’s association with Hancock Bank and the comprehensive financial services available through Hancock Holding Company, the parent company of Hancock Bank and Whitney Bank.
“Updating the name clearly defines the agency’s affiliation with a financial services family nationally recognized for strength, stability and integrity,” said Hancock Insurance Agency division manager Charles Leggett.
Leggett emphasized that the name change does not affect policies or coverage for customers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau