Ross King Walker now Hancock Insurance
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 5,2012
HATTIESBURG — Hancock Bank has renamed Hattiesburg-based Ross King Walker as Hancock Insurance Agency.
Hancock Bank acquired 103-year-old Ross King Walker (RKW) in 2004, and RKW retained its name as a division of Hancock Insurance Agency, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hancock Bank founded in 1902. RKW executives said the decision to rename RKW as Hancock Insurance Agency reflects the agency’s association with Hancock Bank and the comprehensive financial services available through Hancock Holding Company, the parent company of Hancock Bank and Whitney Bank.
“Updating the name clearly defines the agency’s affiliation with a financial services family nationally recognized for strength, stability and integrity,” said Hancock Insurance Agency division manager Charles Leggett.
Leggett emphasized that the name change does not affect policies or coverage for customers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015