Ross King Walker now Hancock Insurance
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 5,2012
HATTIESBURG — Hancock Bank has renamed Hattiesburg-based Ross King Walker as Hancock Insurance Agency.
Hancock Bank acquired 103-year-old Ross King Walker (RKW) in 2004, and RKW retained its name as a division of Hancock Insurance Agency, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hancock Bank founded in 1902. RKW executives said the decision to rename RKW as Hancock Insurance Agency reflects the agency’s association with Hancock Bank and the comprehensive financial services available through Hancock Holding Company, the parent company of Hancock Bank and Whitney Bank.
“Updating the name clearly defines the agency’s affiliation with a financial services family nationally recognized for strength, stability and integrity,” said Hancock Insurance Agency division manager Charles Leggett.
Leggett emphasized that the name change does not affect policies or coverage for customers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow