Ross King Walker now Hancock Insurance
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 5,2012
HATTIESBURG — Hancock Bank has renamed Hattiesburg-based Ross King Walker as Hancock Insurance Agency.
Hancock Bank acquired 103-year-old Ross King Walker (RKW) in 2004, and RKW retained its name as a division of Hancock Insurance Agency, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hancock Bank founded in 1902. RKW executives said the decision to rename RKW as Hancock Insurance Agency reflects the agency’s association with Hancock Bank and the comprehensive financial services available through Hancock Holding Company, the parent company of Hancock Bank and Whitney Bank.
“Updating the name clearly defines the agency’s affiliation with a financial services family nationally recognized for strength, stability and integrity,” said Hancock Insurance Agency division manager Charles Leggett.
Leggett emphasized that the name change does not affect policies or coverage for customers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term