Airport looking for fixed base operator
Published: January 6,2012
TUPELO — Officials at the Tupelo Regional Airport say they are looking for a private company to run the operations of its fixed base operator.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the airport is asking for proposals for a private firm to take over staffing of Tupelo Aviation Unlimited. The airport would retain the assets of the fixed base operator.
With the addition of Universal Asset Management and Airline Maintenance Service, airport executive director Josh Abramson says new general aviation policies have helped the airport see “large growth” in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits