Airport looking for fixed base operator
by Associated Press
Published: January 6,2012
TUPELO — Officials at the Tupelo Regional Airport say they are looking for a private company to run the operations of its fixed base operator.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the airport is asking for proposals for a private firm to take over staffing of Tupelo Aviation Unlimited. The airport would retain the assets of the fixed base operator.
With the addition of Universal Asset Management and Airline Maintenance Service, airport executive director Josh Abramson says new general aviation policies have helped the airport see “large growth” in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability