Airport looking for fixed base operator
Published: January 6,2012
TUPELO — Officials at the Tupelo Regional Airport say they are looking for a private company to run the operations of its fixed base operator.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the airport is asking for proposals for a private firm to take over staffing of Tupelo Aviation Unlimited. The airport would retain the assets of the fixed base operator.
With the addition of Universal Asset Management and Airline Maintenance Service, airport executive director Josh Abramson says new general aviation policies have helped the airport see “large growth” in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity