Donaldson wins award
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 8,2012
Mississippi State University faculty member Janet R. Donaldson is earning a prestigious award for her work with food-borne illness-causing bacteria. The Charles C. Randall Lectureship Award is given annually to an outstanding young faculty member by the South Central Branch of the American Society for Microbiology.
Donaldson, an assistant professor of biological sciences, earlier this month formally accepted the honor at the organization’s annual meeting. She also made a formal presentation of her work to the assembly.
A Brandon native and MSU alumna, she studies how the stress responses of bacteria allow for them to colonize humans and cause disease. Her investigations primarily focus on the pathogens E. coli and Listeria monocytogenes and how they actually cause food-borne illnesses.
After receiving a bachelor’s degree and 2005 doctoral degree from Mississippi State, she completed post-doctoral work at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Md.
Donaldson returned to her alma mater in 2007 as a member of the faculty and currently teaches courses in general microbiology and bacterial physiology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job