Loftin retiring after 42 years
Marion County circuit clerk Jesse Loftin is retiring after nearly 42 years of service to the state of Mississippi. Prior to his time as the court clerk, Loftin worked as an investigator for both the state Fire Marshall’s Office and the state attorney general where he looked into white-collar crimes.
WDAM-TV reported his first job with the state of Mississippi was with the Alcohol, Beverage Control Division.
As for the future, Loftin said he and his wife hope to travel, and he owns a little bit of land and likes to garden.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium