Mall owner blindsided by Sears closing
“It’s very shocking,” he said in light of the improving sales mall merchants had been reporting this holiday season compared to previous years.
“Sales were increasing and then we hear the news Sears is closing,” said Mateen, CEO of mall owner Cannon Commercial, in an interview last Tuesday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk