Trustees name officers
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 8,2012
The 2012 officers for the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Board of Trustees have been named. The board officers elected to serve are: David Ford, chairperson, Harrison County; Susan Hunt, first vice chair, Harrison County; Pat Descher, second vice chair, Jackson County; Wilburn Bolen, secretary, George County; and Brenton Alexander, treasurer, Stone County.
Ford is the retired director of marketing and sales for Mississippi Power, and has been on the MGCCC board since 2007.
Hunt, retired executive director of the Biloxi Bay Chamber of Commerce, has served on the board since 2005.
Descher, owner of multiple McDonald’s restaurants in South Mississippi, has served on the board for almost 25 years.
Bolen, retired tax collector/assessor in George County, has served on the board since 2010.
Alexander, CEO of Alexander Hardware and Supply in Wiggins, was appointed to the board in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center