Trustees name officers
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 8,2012
The 2012 officers for the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Board of Trustees have been named. The board officers elected to serve are: David Ford, chairperson, Harrison County; Susan Hunt, first vice chair, Harrison County; Pat Descher, second vice chair, Jackson County; Wilburn Bolen, secretary, George County; and Brenton Alexander, treasurer, Stone County.
Ford is the retired director of marketing and sales for Mississippi Power, and has been on the MGCCC board since 2007.
Hunt, retired executive director of the Biloxi Bay Chamber of Commerce, has served on the board since 2005.
Descher, owner of multiple McDonald’s restaurants in South Mississippi, has served on the board for almost 25 years.
Bolen, retired tax collector/assessor in George County, has served on the board since 2010.
Alexander, CEO of Alexander Hardware and Supply in Wiggins, was appointed to the board in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)