Former city manager drops lawsuit over firing
by Associated Press
Published: January 9,2012
GAUTIER — Former Gautier city manager Sidney Runnels has dropped the court challenge to his firing by the city council.
Runnels tells The Mississippi Press his health is one of the reasons for dropping the case. Runnels says he had triple bypass surgery within a week after the 4-3 vote to fire him by the city council in October.
Robert Ramsay, city attorney and interim city manager, says the city received an e-mail last Wednesday from Runnels’ lawyers saying they would be filing the dismissal motion with Jackson County Circuit Judge Dale Harkey.
Runnels had served as city manager since 2008. Previously he had been city manager at Grenada, economic development director for West Memphis, Ark., and mayor of Canton.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge