New downtown MSU business school opens
Published: January 9,2012
MERIDIAN — Mississippi State University will welcome students to its new business school today in downtown Meridian.
Business classes will now be held at the downtown campus in the Newberry building next to the Riley Center. All other classes will continue to be held at main campus on Mississippi 19 North.
MSU-Meridian Dean Stephen Brown says the nearby Kress building will ultimately be renovated for the school’s nursing program.
Brown says the new location also will provide MSU-Meridian the opportunity to improve and increase enrollment, and develop a full downtown campus.
A formal ribbon cutting/grand opening ceremony for the Newberry building will be held at a later date.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win