New downtown MSU business school opens
Published: January 9,2012
MERIDIAN — Mississippi State University will welcome students to its new business school today in downtown Meridian.
Business classes will now be held at the downtown campus in the Newberry building next to the Riley Center. All other classes will continue to be held at main campus on Mississippi 19 North.
MSU-Meridian Dean Stephen Brown says the nearby Kress building will ultimately be renovated for the school’s nursing program.
Brown says the new location also will provide MSU-Meridian the opportunity to improve and increase enrollment, and develop a full downtown campus.
A formal ribbon cutting/grand opening ceremony for the Newberry building will be held at a later date.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love