New downtown MSU business school opens
by Associated Press
Published: January 9,2012
MERIDIAN — Mississippi State University will welcome students to its new business school today in downtown Meridian.
Business classes will now be held at the downtown campus in the Newberry building next to the Riley Center. All other classes will continue to be held at main campus on Mississippi 19 North.
MSU-Meridian Dean Stephen Brown says the nearby Kress building will ultimately be renovated for the school’s nursing program.
Brown says the new location also will provide MSU-Meridian the opportunity to improve and increase enrollment, and develop a full downtown campus.
A formal ribbon cutting/grand opening ceremony for the Newberry building will be held at a later date.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound