New downtown MSU business school opens
by Associated Press
Published: January 9,2012
MERIDIAN — Mississippi State University will welcome students to its new business school today in downtown Meridian.
Business classes will now be held at the downtown campus in the Newberry building next to the Riley Center. All other classes will continue to be held at main campus on Mississippi 19 North.
MSU-Meridian Dean Stephen Brown says the nearby Kress building will ultimately be renovated for the school’s nursing program.
Brown says the new location also will provide MSU-Meridian the opportunity to improve and increase enrollment, and develop a full downtown campus.
A formal ribbon cutting/grand opening ceremony for the Newberry building will be held at a later date.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody