New downtown MSU business school opens
by Associated Press
Published: January 9,2012
MERIDIAN — Mississippi State University will welcome students to its new business school today in downtown Meridian.
Business classes will now be held at the downtown campus in the Newberry building next to the Riley Center. All other classes will continue to be held at main campus on Mississippi 19 North.
MSU-Meridian Dean Stephen Brown says the nearby Kress building will ultimately be renovated for the school’s nursing program.
Brown says the new location also will provide MSU-Meridian the opportunity to improve and increase enrollment, and develop a full downtown campus.
A formal ribbon cutting/grand opening ceremony for the Newberry building will be held at a later date.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn