Navistar receives another order from Marines
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 11,2012
WEST POINT — Work on a contract to upgrade MaxxPro Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles for the U. S. Marine Corps will take place in Clay County.
Yesterday, Navistar Defense, LLC announced it received an $880 million order to upgrade 2,717 MRAP vehicles for the Marines.
Workers at the West Point plant will remove the body from the vehicle and install a new rolling chassis system officials say will improve the MRAP’s off-road capabilities.
Company officials say the work will begin this month and is scheduled for completion in October of 2013.
The West Point plant employs about 100 people.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41