Navistar receives another order from Marines
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 11,2012
WEST POINT — Work on a contract to upgrade MaxxPro Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles for the U. S. Marine Corps will take place in Clay County.
Yesterday, Navistar Defense, LLC announced it received an $880 million order to upgrade 2,717 MRAP vehicles for the Marines.
Workers at the West Point plant will remove the body from the vehicle and install a new rolling chassis system officials say will improve the MRAP’s off-road capabilities.
Company officials say the work will begin this month and is scheduled for completion in October of 2013.
The West Point plant employs about 100 people.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state