Navistar receives another order from Marines
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 11,2012
WEST POINT — Work on a contract to upgrade MaxxPro Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles for the U. S. Marine Corps will take place in Clay County.
Yesterday, Navistar Defense, LLC announced it received an $880 million order to upgrade 2,717 MRAP vehicles for the Marines.
Workers at the West Point plant will remove the body from the vehicle and install a new rolling chassis system officials say will improve the MRAP’s off-road capabilities.
Company officials say the work will begin this month and is scheduled for completion in October of 2013.
The West Point plant employs about 100 people.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Texas company fined for taking water from a Mississippi river