Navistar receives another order from Marines
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 11,2012
WEST POINT — Work on a contract to upgrade MaxxPro Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles for the U. S. Marine Corps will take place in Clay County.
Yesterday, Navistar Defense, LLC announced it received an $880 million order to upgrade 2,717 MRAP vehicles for the Marines.
Workers at the West Point plant will remove the body from the vehicle and install a new rolling chassis system officials say will improve the MRAP’s off-road capabilities.
Company officials say the work will begin this month and is scheduled for completion in October of 2013.
The West Point plant employs about 100 people.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal