Navistar receives another order from Marines
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 11,2012
WEST POINT — Work on a contract to upgrade MaxxPro Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles for the U. S. Marine Corps will take place in Clay County.
Yesterday, Navistar Defense, LLC announced it received an $880 million order to upgrade 2,717 MRAP vehicles for the Marines.
Workers at the West Point plant will remove the body from the vehicle and install a new rolling chassis system officials say will improve the MRAP’s off-road capabilities.
Company officials say the work will begin this month and is scheduled for completion in October of 2013.
The West Point plant employs about 100 people.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute