Chamber says it reimbursed Davis for expenses
Published: January 12,2012
SOUTHAVEN — Officials with the Southaven Chamber of Commerce say it reimbursed Mayor Greg Davis for expenses through his account with the organization.
The Commercial Appeals reports how much Davis has been reimbursed over the years is unknown. The newspaper says it has filed a records request with the chamber. Chamber officials say no questions have been raised about the expenses.
Davis has come under increasing scrutiny since November when State Auditor Stacey Pickering told him to pay back about $170,000 for allegedly improper billings, including travel, stress counseling and food and liquor and a gay sex shop in Canada.
After news of the spending was revealed, Davis admitted he was gay and that he and his wife had divorced.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs