Chamber says it reimbursed Davis for expenses
Published: January 12,2012
SOUTHAVEN — Officials with the Southaven Chamber of Commerce say it reimbursed Mayor Greg Davis for expenses through his account with the organization.
The Commercial Appeals reports how much Davis has been reimbursed over the years is unknown. The newspaper says it has filed a records request with the chamber. Chamber officials say no questions have been raised about the expenses.
Davis has come under increasing scrutiny since November when State Auditor Stacey Pickering told him to pay back about $170,000 for allegedly improper billings, including travel, stress counseling and food and liquor and a gay sex shop in Canada.
After news of the spending was revealed, Davis admitted he was gay and that he and his wife had divorced.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Community Bank names new officers