Chamber says it reimbursed Davis for expenses
Published: January 12,2012
SOUTHAVEN — Officials with the Southaven Chamber of Commerce say it reimbursed Mayor Greg Davis for expenses through his account with the organization.
The Commercial Appeals reports how much Davis has been reimbursed over the years is unknown. The newspaper says it has filed a records request with the chamber. Chamber officials say no questions have been raised about the expenses.
Davis has come under increasing scrutiny since November when State Auditor Stacey Pickering told him to pay back about $170,000 for allegedly improper billings, including travel, stress counseling and food and liquor and a gay sex shop in Canada.
After news of the spending was revealed, Davis admitted he was gay and that he and his wife had divorced.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location