Chamber says it reimbursed Davis for expenses
by Associated Press
Published: January 12,2012
SOUTHAVEN — Officials with the Southaven Chamber of Commerce say it reimbursed Mayor Greg Davis for expenses through his account with the organization.
The Commercial Appeals reports how much Davis has been reimbursed over the years is unknown. The newspaper says it has filed a records request with the chamber. Chamber officials say no questions have been raised about the expenses.
Davis has come under increasing scrutiny since November when State Auditor Stacey Pickering told him to pay back about $170,000 for allegedly improper billings, including travel, stress counseling and food and liquor and a gay sex shop in Canada.
After news of the spending was revealed, Davis admitted he was gay and that he and his wife had divorced.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center