Presley’s office eyeing wireless carriers
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 12,2012
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley’s office has begun random checks of wireless phone retailers to ensure compliance with the Consumer Code for Wireless Service.
PSC regulations require designated wireless companies comply with the code, which provides consumer rights at the point of purchase such as a 14-day trial period, the availability of a map detailing service and coverage, along with eight other rights designed to protect consumers.
“Customers who are buying products and services from wireless companies should be protected, and it is important that they be made aware of their rights when making these purchases,” Presley said. “My staff has begun making random checks of wireless retailers throughout the 33 counties in North Mississippi to make sure these rules are being followed and that customers are being made aware of these rights at the point of purchase.”
During the checks, Presley said employees of the PSC could request volunteer interviews with customers who have recently purchased wireless service.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring