Silver Slipper Casino up for sale
Published: January 12,2012
WAVELAND — The owners of Silver Slipper have put the casino on the market.
Casino general manager John Ferrucci tells The Sun Herald the sale price of the casino is confidential and provided only to qualified buyers.
Ferrucci says four suitors are looking at the property. He says their first order of business would be to build a hotel.
Silver Slipper Casino opened in November 2006 on Bayou Caddy site and was named in honor of the famed Las Vegas casino.
It was originally the site of the Jubilee Casino. Plans called for the President Casino barge to be towed from Biloxi to Hancock County in 2005 and reopen as Silver Slipper. Hurricane Katrina scrapped those plans and Silver Slipper became the first land-built casino in South Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Silver Slipper Casino up for sale”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62