Silver Slipper Casino up for sale
Published: January 12,2012
WAVELAND — The owners of Silver Slipper have put the casino on the market.
Casino general manager John Ferrucci tells The Sun Herald the sale price of the casino is confidential and provided only to qualified buyers.
Ferrucci says four suitors are looking at the property. He says their first order of business would be to build a hotel.
Silver Slipper Casino opened in November 2006 on Bayou Caddy site and was named in honor of the famed Las Vegas casino.
It was originally the site of the Jubilee Casino. Plans called for the President Casino barge to be towed from Biloxi to Hancock County in 2005 and reopen as Silver Slipper. Hurricane Katrina scrapped those plans and Silver Slipper became the first land-built casino in South Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Silver Slipper Casino up for sale”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager