Silver Slipper Casino up for sale
Published: January 12,2012
WAVELAND — The owners of Silver Slipper have put the casino on the market.
Casino general manager John Ferrucci tells The Sun Herald the sale price of the casino is confidential and provided only to qualified buyers.
Ferrucci says four suitors are looking at the property. He says their first order of business would be to build a hotel.
Silver Slipper Casino opened in November 2006 on Bayou Caddy site and was named in honor of the famed Las Vegas casino.
It was originally the site of the Jubilee Casino. Plans called for the President Casino barge to be towed from Biloxi to Hancock County in 2005 and reopen as Silver Slipper. Hurricane Katrina scrapped those plans and Silver Slipper became the first land-built casino in South Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Silver Slipper Casino up for sale”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- BREAKING: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him