Silver Slipper Casino up for sale
Published: January 12,2012
WAVELAND — The owners of Silver Slipper have put the casino on the market.
Casino general manager John Ferrucci tells The Sun Herald the sale price of the casino is confidential and provided only to qualified buyers.
Ferrucci says four suitors are looking at the property. He says their first order of business would be to build a hotel.
Silver Slipper Casino opened in November 2006 on Bayou Caddy site and was named in honor of the famed Las Vegas casino.
It was originally the site of the Jubilee Casino. Plans called for the President Casino barge to be towed from Biloxi to Hancock County in 2005 and reopen as Silver Slipper. Hurricane Katrina scrapped those plans and Silver Slipper became the first land-built casino in South Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Silver Slipper Casino up for sale”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'