Silver Slipper Casino up for sale
Published: January 12,2012
WAVELAND — The owners of Silver Slipper have put the casino on the market.
Casino general manager John Ferrucci tells The Sun Herald the sale price of the casino is confidential and provided only to qualified buyers.
Ferrucci says four suitors are looking at the property. He says their first order of business would be to build a hotel.
Silver Slipper Casino opened in November 2006 on Bayou Caddy site and was named in honor of the famed Las Vegas casino.
It was originally the site of the Jubilee Casino. Plans called for the President Casino barge to be towed from Biloxi to Hancock County in 2005 and reopen as Silver Slipper. Hurricane Katrina scrapped those plans and Silver Slipper became the first land-built casino in South Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Silver Slipper Casino up for sale”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor