Report: Mississippi has lowest average home loan
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 13,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — LendingTree.com has released data highlighting the average loan amount on residential real estate purchases for all 50 states and Washington D.C. for the year.
Hawaii, by far, leads the nation with an average home loan amount of $677,299, followed by Washington, D.C., at $393,453, New Jersey at $344,240 and New York at $340,124.
The states with the lowest average home loan amounts are Mississippi at $137,182 and Nebraska at $137,515. The national average for a home loan is $222,261.
Additional findings from the LendingTree data include:
• California, the state with the highest population in the country, has the ninth highest average home loan amount ($310,676).
• The average buyer in Hawaii, based on the average loan of $677,299 and an APR of 4 percent, would have a monthly payment for a 30-year mortgage (1 point) of $3,234 before taxes and insurance. The average payment for Mississippi would be $655 based on the closed loan amount.
• The national average monthly payment for a 30-year mortgage at 4 percent would be $1,061
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency