Report: Mississippi has lowest average home loan
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 13,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — LendingTree.com has released data highlighting the average loan amount on residential real estate purchases for all 50 states and Washington D.C. for the year.
Hawaii, by far, leads the nation with an average home loan amount of $677,299, followed by Washington, D.C., at $393,453, New Jersey at $344,240 and New York at $340,124.
The states with the lowest average home loan amounts are Mississippi at $137,182 and Nebraska at $137,515. The national average for a home loan is $222,261.
Additional findings from the LendingTree data include:
• California, the state with the highest population in the country, has the ninth highest average home loan amount ($310,676).
• The average buyer in Hawaii, based on the average loan of $677,299 and an APR of 4 percent, would have a monthly payment for a 30-year mortgage (1 point) of $3,234 before taxes and insurance. The average payment for Mississippi would be $655 based on the closed loan amount.
• The national average monthly payment for a 30-year mortgage at 4 percent would be $1,061
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports