Report: Mississippi has lowest average home loan
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 13,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — LendingTree.com has released data highlighting the average loan amount on residential real estate purchases for all 50 states and Washington D.C. for the year.
Hawaii, by far, leads the nation with an average home loan amount of $677,299, followed by Washington, D.C., at $393,453, New Jersey at $344,240 and New York at $340,124.
The states with the lowest average home loan amounts are Mississippi at $137,182 and Nebraska at $137,515. The national average for a home loan is $222,261.
Additional findings from the LendingTree data include:
• California, the state with the highest population in the country, has the ninth highest average home loan amount ($310,676).
• The average buyer in Hawaii, based on the average loan of $677,299 and an APR of 4 percent, would have a monthly payment for a 30-year mortgage (1 point) of $3,234 before taxes and insurance. The average payment for Mississippi would be $655 based on the closed loan amount.
• The national average monthly payment for a 30-year mortgage at 4 percent would be $1,061
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November