McCollum to retire
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 15,2012
Bill McCollum, COO of the Tennessee Valley Authority, has announced his retirement, effective June 30. McCollum came to TVA in 2007 and has responsibility for all of TVA’s power generation and transmission operations.
McCollum plans to focus on comprehensive capital project planning for TVA that will support new generation facilities. He also plans to contribute to a strategic overview for expected energy requirements in the future by examining economic, regulatory and mixed power generation needs.
McCollum, who has been responsible for TVA’s Fleet operations, worked for 33 years at Duke Energy, serving as group executive and chief regulated generation officer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez