McCollum to retire
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 15,2012
Bill McCollum, COO of the Tennessee Valley Authority, has announced his retirement, effective June 30. McCollum came to TVA in 2007 and has responsibility for all of TVA’s power generation and transmission operations.
McCollum plans to focus on comprehensive capital project planning for TVA that will support new generation facilities. He also plans to contribute to a strategic overview for expected energy requirements in the future by examining economic, regulatory and mixed power generation needs.
McCollum, who has been responsible for TVA’s Fleet operations, worked for 33 years at Duke Energy, serving as group executive and chief regulated generation officer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data