McCollum to retire
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 15,2012
Bill McCollum, COO of the Tennessee Valley Authority, has announced his retirement, effective June 30. McCollum came to TVA in 2007 and has responsibility for all of TVA’s power generation and transmission operations.
McCollum plans to focus on comprehensive capital project planning for TVA that will support new generation facilities. He also plans to contribute to a strategic overview for expected energy requirements in the future by examining economic, regulatory and mixed power generation needs.
McCollum, who has been responsible for TVA’s Fleet operations, worked for 33 years at Duke Energy, serving as group executive and chief regulated generation officer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Community Bank names new officers
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams