McCollum to retire
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 15,2012
Bill McCollum, COO of the Tennessee Valley Authority, has announced his retirement, effective June 30. McCollum came to TVA in 2007 and has responsibility for all of TVA’s power generation and transmission operations.
McCollum plans to focus on comprehensive capital project planning for TVA that will support new generation facilities. He also plans to contribute to a strategic overview for expected energy requirements in the future by examining economic, regulatory and mixed power generation needs.
McCollum, who has been responsible for TVA’s Fleet operations, worked for 33 years at Duke Energy, serving as group executive and chief regulated generation officer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast