McCollum to retire
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 15,2012
Bill McCollum, COO of the Tennessee Valley Authority, has announced his retirement, effective June 30. McCollum came to TVA in 2007 and has responsibility for all of TVA’s power generation and transmission operations.
McCollum plans to focus on comprehensive capital project planning for TVA that will support new generation facilities. He also plans to contribute to a strategic overview for expected energy requirements in the future by examining economic, regulatory and mixed power generation needs.
McCollum, who has been responsible for TVA’s Fleet operations, worked for 33 years at Duke Energy, serving as group executive and chief regulated generation officer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion