McCollum to retire
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 15,2012
Bill McCollum, COO of the Tennessee Valley Authority, has announced his retirement, effective June 30. McCollum came to TVA in 2007 and has responsibility for all of TVA’s power generation and transmission operations.
McCollum plans to focus on comprehensive capital project planning for TVA that will support new generation facilities. He also plans to contribute to a strategic overview for expected energy requirements in the future by examining economic, regulatory and mixed power generation needs.
McCollum, who has been responsible for TVA’s Fleet operations, worked for 33 years at Duke Energy, serving as group executive and chief regulated generation officer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete