McCollum to retire
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 15,2012
Bill McCollum, COO of the Tennessee Valley Authority, has announced his retirement, effective June 30. McCollum came to TVA in 2007 and has responsibility for all of TVA’s power generation and transmission operations.
McCollum plans to focus on comprehensive capital project planning for TVA that will support new generation facilities. He also plans to contribute to a strategic overview for expected energy requirements in the future by examining economic, regulatory and mixed power generation needs.
McCollum, who has been responsible for TVA’s Fleet operations, worked for 33 years at Duke Energy, serving as group executive and chief regulated generation officer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow