McKinnon announces retirement
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 15,2012
Jones County Emergency Management Agency executive director Don McKinnon will retire Jan. 31. McKinnon started his career with the then-named Laurel-Jones County Civil Defense as a volunteer in 1979 and became the part-time operations officer in 1982. He started his full-time career in 1987 as the 911 coordinator and fire coordinator and became executive director in July 2000.
A selection committee has been formed within the Jones County Emergency Management Council to select a replacement for McKinnon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs