McKinnon announces retirement
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 15,2012
Jones County Emergency Management Agency executive director Don McKinnon will retire Jan. 31. McKinnon started his career with the then-named Laurel-Jones County Civil Defense as a volunteer in 1979 and became the part-time operations officer in 1982. He started his full-time career in 1987 as the 911 coordinator and fire coordinator and became executive director in July 2000.
A selection committee has been formed within the Jones County Emergency Management Council to select a replacement for McKinnon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy