McKinnon announces retirement
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 15,2012
Jones County Emergency Management Agency executive director Don McKinnon will retire Jan. 31. McKinnon started his career with the then-named Laurel-Jones County Civil Defense as a volunteer in 1979 and became the part-time operations officer in 1982. He started his full-time career in 1987 as the 911 coordinator and fire coordinator and became executive director in July 2000.
A selection committee has been formed within the Jones County Emergency Management Council to select a replacement for McKinnon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete