McKinnon announces retirement
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 15,2012
Jones County Emergency Management Agency executive director Don McKinnon will retire Jan. 31. McKinnon started his career with the then-named Laurel-Jones County Civil Defense as a volunteer in 1979 and became the part-time operations officer in 1982. He started his full-time career in 1987 as the 911 coordinator and fire coordinator and became executive director in July 2000.
A selection committee has been formed within the Jones County Emergency Management Council to select a replacement for McKinnon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency