McKinnon announces retirement
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 15,2012
Jones County Emergency Management Agency executive director Don McKinnon will retire Jan. 31. McKinnon started his career with the then-named Laurel-Jones County Civil Defense as a volunteer in 1979 and became the part-time operations officer in 1982. He started his full-time career in 1987 as the 911 coordinator and fire coordinator and became executive director in July 2000.
A selection committee has been formed within the Jones County Emergency Management Council to select a replacement for McKinnon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program