SmartSynch opens offices in California, China
JACKSON — SmartSynch has opened offices in Silicon Valley, Calif., and Shenzhen, China. The expansion is the result of a record growth year for the company in 2011.
SmartSynch’s headquarters in Jackson currently houses more than 100 employees. The company has already hired 10 new employees for the Silicon Valley office, with significant growth anticipated in the coming months. The office will support software and firmware design and product management. SmartSynch’s office in Shenzhen will be smaller in scale, and focus primarily on supply chain and quality management initiatives.
“2011 was a giant step forward for our company in terms of growth potential and industry recognition that it is more efficient and less expensive to utilize existing cellular networks for smart grid communications,” said Stephen D. Johnston, SmartSynch CEO. “These new offices will give us access to the additional talent necessary to ensure we capitalize on the momentum we have created in the marketplace.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency