Steele, Esters recognized
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 15,2012
Tags: Mississippi Food Network
Scott Steele and U.S .96.3 have been awarded the Mississippi Food Network 2011 Spirit of Service Award. The Spirit of Service Award is a recognition Mississippi Food Network presents to an individual/company in appreciation of their leadership in the Network’s effort to alleviate hunger in our state.
Steele and U.S. 96.3 staff members have conducted the “Stuff the Bus” Food Drive for the past three years collecting food to help feed Mississippians facing hunger who are served by the member agencies of Mississippi Food Network.
Additionally, Johnnie Esters was selected as the Volunteer of the Year of the Mississippi Food Network. Esters served as MFN board member and chairman in 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium