Steele, Esters recognized
Scott Steele and U.S .96.3 have been awarded the Mississippi Food Network 2011 Spirit of Service Award. The Spirit of Service Award is a recognition Mississippi Food Network presents to an individual/company in appreciation of their leadership in the Network’s effort to alleviate hunger in our state.
Steele and U.S. 96.3 staff members have conducted the “Stuff the Bus” Food Drive for the past three years collecting food to help feed Mississippians facing hunger who are served by the member agencies of Mississippi Food Network.
Additionally, Johnnie Esters was selected as the Volunteer of the Year of the Mississippi Food Network. Esters served as MFN board member and chairman in 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program