Steele, Esters recognized
Scott Steele and U.S .96.3 have been awarded the Mississippi Food Network 2011 Spirit of Service Award. The Spirit of Service Award is a recognition Mississippi Food Network presents to an individual/company in appreciation of their leadership in the Network’s effort to alleviate hunger in our state.
Steele and U.S. 96.3 staff members have conducted the “Stuff the Bus” Food Drive for the past three years collecting food to help feed Mississippians facing hunger who are served by the member agencies of Mississippi Food Network.
Additionally, Johnnie Esters was selected as the Volunteer of the Year of the Mississippi Food Network. Esters served as MFN board member and chairman in 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years