Steele, Esters recognized
Scott Steele and U.S .96.3 have been awarded the Mississippi Food Network 2011 Spirit of Service Award. The Spirit of Service Award is a recognition Mississippi Food Network presents to an individual/company in appreciation of their leadership in the Network’s effort to alleviate hunger in our state.
Steele and U.S. 96.3 staff members have conducted the “Stuff the Bus” Food Drive for the past three years collecting food to help feed Mississippians facing hunger who are served by the member agencies of Mississippi Food Network.
Additionally, Johnnie Esters was selected as the Volunteer of the Year of the Mississippi Food Network. Esters served as MFN board member and chairman in 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015