Steele, Esters recognized
Scott Steele and U.S .96.3 have been awarded the Mississippi Food Network 2011 Spirit of Service Award. The Spirit of Service Award is a recognition Mississippi Food Network presents to an individual/company in appreciation of their leadership in the Network’s effort to alleviate hunger in our state.
Steele and U.S. 96.3 staff members have conducted the “Stuff the Bus” Food Drive for the past three years collecting food to help feed Mississippians facing hunger who are served by the member agencies of Mississippi Food Network.
Additionally, Johnnie Esters was selected as the Volunteer of the Year of the Mississippi Food Network. Esters served as MFN board member and chairman in 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal