All American gets bad checks from Instant Tax
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 16,2012
MADISON — All American Check Cashing reports several checks it cashed for customers of Instant Tax of Hattiesburg have been returned.
The checks were issued to Instant Tax customers as part of a rapid advance tax refund. The checks were issued by Tax Tree of Miami, Florida and written on Bank of America.
“While the refund anticipation loan industry has been highly successful, companies issuing non-sufficient fund checks could put the entire program at risk.” said Michael Gray, president of Madison-based All American. “As the 2012 tax season approaches, consumers need to be aware of potentially fraudulent tax loans and preparers. Many Mississippians look forward to their tax refund and any tax preparation company that issues denied tax checks could place the entire tax preparation industry in a bad light.
“As Mississippi’s leader in check cashing, we cashed over $21 million dollars in customer checks in 2011. If we withdraw our tax check cashing program, where would consumers get their check cashed immediately?”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option