All American gets bad checks from Instant Tax
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 16,2012
MADISON — All American Check Cashing reports several checks it cashed for customers of Instant Tax of Hattiesburg have been returned.
The checks were issued to Instant Tax customers as part of a rapid advance tax refund. The checks were issued by Tax Tree of Miami, Florida and written on Bank of America.
“While the refund anticipation loan industry has been highly successful, companies issuing non-sufficient fund checks could put the entire program at risk.” said Michael Gray, president of Madison-based All American. “As the 2012 tax season approaches, consumers need to be aware of potentially fraudulent tax loans and preparers. Many Mississippians look forward to their tax refund and any tax preparation company that issues denied tax checks could place the entire tax preparation industry in a bad light.
“As Mississippi’s leader in check cashing, we cashed over $21 million dollars in customer checks in 2011. If we withdraw our tax check cashing program, where would consumers get their check cashed immediately?”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren