CF Rail Services buys another railcar repair facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 16,2012
CF Rail Services has assumed the operations of the railcar repair facility located at in Longview, Wash. As part of its partnership with Patriot Rail Corp., which began with CF Rail Services operating three Patriot-owned facilities in September of 2011, CF Rail Services will assume this current railcar repair operation as well as assuming most of its current employees.
This adds to the CF Rail Services family, which includes: Hoosier Railcar, East Chicago, Ind.; Mississippi Railcar, Meridian; Waycross Railcar, Waycross, Ga.; CF Rail Services Field Services and CF Rail Services Longview, DeQueen/Valliant, & Columbus operating on the Patriot Rail Corp short line network.
In addition to the expanding their physical footprint, the management staff has expanded with the addition of Randy Ward, who recently accepted the position of plant manager of the Mississippi Railcar operation. Ward is a railroad industry veteran, who most recently served at Rescar Industries as an assistant plant manager.
In addition, Dross Hunter has been promoted to director of field services. Dross was formerly plant manager at Mississippi Railcar.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that