CF Rail Services buys another railcar repair facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 16,2012
CF Rail Services has assumed the operations of the railcar repair facility located at in Longview, Wash. As part of its partnership with Patriot Rail Corp., which began with CF Rail Services operating three Patriot-owned facilities in September of 2011, CF Rail Services will assume this current railcar repair operation as well as assuming most of its current employees.
This adds to the CF Rail Services family, which includes: Hoosier Railcar, East Chicago, Ind.; Mississippi Railcar, Meridian; Waycross Railcar, Waycross, Ga.; CF Rail Services Field Services and CF Rail Services Longview, DeQueen/Valliant, & Columbus operating on the Patriot Rail Corp short line network.
In addition to the expanding their physical footprint, the management staff has expanded with the addition of Randy Ward, who recently accepted the position of plant manager of the Mississippi Railcar operation. Ward is a railroad industry veteran, who most recently served at Rescar Industries as an assistant plant manager.
In addition, Dross Hunter has been promoted to director of field services. Dross was formerly plant manager at Mississippi Railcar.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015