CF Rail Services buys another railcar repair facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 16,2012
CF Rail Services has assumed the operations of the railcar repair facility located at in Longview, Wash. As part of its partnership with Patriot Rail Corp., which began with CF Rail Services operating three Patriot-owned facilities in September of 2011, CF Rail Services will assume this current railcar repair operation as well as assuming most of its current employees.
This adds to the CF Rail Services family, which includes: Hoosier Railcar, East Chicago, Ind.; Mississippi Railcar, Meridian; Waycross Railcar, Waycross, Ga.; CF Rail Services Field Services and CF Rail Services Longview, DeQueen/Valliant, & Columbus operating on the Patriot Rail Corp short line network.
In addition to the expanding their physical footprint, the management staff has expanded with the addition of Randy Ward, who recently accepted the position of plant manager of the Mississippi Railcar operation. Ward is a railroad industry veteran, who most recently served at Rescar Industries as an assistant plant manager.
In addition, Dross Hunter has been promoted to director of field services. Dross was formerly plant manager at Mississippi Railcar.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip