CF Rail Services buys another railcar repair facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 16,2012
CF Rail Services has assumed the operations of the railcar repair facility located at in Longview, Wash. As part of its partnership with Patriot Rail Corp., which began with CF Rail Services operating three Patriot-owned facilities in September of 2011, CF Rail Services will assume this current railcar repair operation as well as assuming most of its current employees.
This adds to the CF Rail Services family, which includes: Hoosier Railcar, East Chicago, Ind.; Mississippi Railcar, Meridian; Waycross Railcar, Waycross, Ga.; CF Rail Services Field Services and CF Rail Services Longview, DeQueen/Valliant, & Columbus operating on the Patriot Rail Corp short line network.
In addition to the expanding their physical footprint, the management staff has expanded with the addition of Randy Ward, who recently accepted the position of plant manager of the Mississippi Railcar operation. Ward is a railroad industry veteran, who most recently served at Rescar Industries as an assistant plant manager.
In addition, Dross Hunter has been promoted to director of field services. Dross was formerly plant manager at Mississippi Railcar.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste