Hotel construction project gets new life
Published: January 16,2012
BROOKHAVEN — A stalled hotel construction project in Brookhaven has come back to life.
Developer Jackie’s International Inc. obtained a building permit last month to renew work on a proposed Holiday Inn Express near Interstate 55.
Construction has moved forward intermittently since then.
A company official told The Daily Leader of Brookhaven he hopes construction will be completed in May, with an opening date soon after. He said the poor economy had made financing the project difficult. Construction of the proposed hotel began in 2008 and stalled within a year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge