Hotel construction project gets new life
Published: January 16,2012
BROOKHAVEN — A stalled hotel construction project in Brookhaven has come back to life.
Developer Jackie’s International Inc. obtained a building permit last month to renew work on a proposed Holiday Inn Express near Interstate 55.
Construction has moved forward intermittently since then.
A company official told The Daily Leader of Brookhaven he hopes construction will be completed in May, with an opening date soon after. He said the poor economy had made financing the project difficult. Construction of the proposed hotel began in 2008 and stalled within a year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter