Hotel construction project gets new life
Published: January 16,2012
BROOKHAVEN — A stalled hotel construction project in Brookhaven has come back to life.
Developer Jackie’s International Inc. obtained a building permit last month to renew work on a proposed Holiday Inn Express near Interstate 55.
Construction has moved forward intermittently since then.
A company official told The Daily Leader of Brookhaven he hopes construction will be completed in May, with an opening date soon after. He said the poor economy had made financing the project difficult. Construction of the proposed hotel began in 2008 and stalled within a year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus