Hotel construction project gets new life
by Associated Press
Published: January 16,2012
BROOKHAVEN — A stalled hotel construction project in Brookhaven has come back to life.
Developer Jackie’s International Inc. obtained a building permit last month to renew work on a proposed Holiday Inn Express near Interstate 55.
Construction has moved forward intermittently since then.
A company official told The Daily Leader of Brookhaven he hopes construction will be completed in May, with an opening date soon after. He said the poor economy had made financing the project difficult. Construction of the proposed hotel began in 2008 and stalled within a year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county