Hotel construction project gets new life
by Associated Press
Published: January 16,2012
BROOKHAVEN — A stalled hotel construction project in Brookhaven has come back to life.
Developer Jackie’s International Inc. obtained a building permit last month to renew work on a proposed Holiday Inn Express near Interstate 55.
Construction has moved forward intermittently since then.
A company official told The Daily Leader of Brookhaven he hopes construction will be completed in May, with an opening date soon after. He said the poor economy had made financing the project difficult. Construction of the proposed hotel began in 2008 and stalled within a year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain