TVA’s monthly fuel cost will drop in February
Published: January 16,2012
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority’s monthly fuel cost will drop between $2 and $4.50 in February billings for average residential customers due to mild weather.
The Knoxville-based utility said for billing periods beginning Feb. 1, the total monthly fuel cost would decrease from the current 2.251 cents per kilowatt-hour to 1.996 cents per kilowatt-hour. That represents a 3.5 percent decrease in the average wholesale price.
The amount of decrease depends on usage levels.
TVA said the fuel cost is the lowest in almost two years and is due mostly to milder temperatures in December that allowed higher than expected, low-cost hydroelectric generation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image