TVA’s monthly fuel cost will drop in February
Published: January 16,2012
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority’s monthly fuel cost will drop between $2 and $4.50 in February billings for average residential customers due to mild weather.
The Knoxville-based utility said for billing periods beginning Feb. 1, the total monthly fuel cost would decrease from the current 2.251 cents per kilowatt-hour to 1.996 cents per kilowatt-hour. That represents a 3.5 percent decrease in the average wholesale price.
The amount of decrease depends on usage levels.
TVA said the fuel cost is the lowest in almost two years and is due mostly to milder temperatures in December that allowed higher than expected, low-cost hydroelectric generation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove